Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever met anyone famous?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of the Gabors, Jim, I once refused a collect call from Zsa Zsa Gabor. I was working at a real estate office, and got a collect call, identified as from Zsa Zsa Gabor. I refused it, thinking it was some sort of prank or joke, but it turned out it was really her! LOL!

Famous people I've met:
    Ronald Reagan
    Willie Brown (mayor of SF)
    Norman Fell
    Sandy Duncan
    Walter Matthau
    Ted Knight
    Adam West

Oh, and when I was in school, I was buddies with David Schwimmer from "Friends."

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't exactly meet him but saw Martin Sheen and Blair Brown when they were filming the Kennedy TV movie here. My friend Jane, who has a lot of...er...nerve, asked him to dinner at her house but he politely declined saying it was his daughter's birthday and she was coming into town. (Does he have a daughter?). He was very nice.

I "met" and got autographs from Tommy Hilfiger and Oscar de la Renta (I worked in retail advertising and we had special events). Woo. And Mary Tyler Moore came in a shopped in our store while they were filming "Finnegan Begin Again."

And I owned the dog that was "AOL's Pet of the Day" on April 27th, 2000. That was my dog Jonah. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] So he was famous for a day.

Neither fame nor fortune crosses my path. lol
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Capslock @ May 02 2005,2:24)]Speaking of the Gabors, Jim, I once refused a collect call from Zsa Zsa Gabor. I was working at a real estate office, and got a collect call, identified as from Zsa Zsa Gabor. I refused it, thinking it was some sort of prank or joke, but it turned out it was really her! LOL!

Famous people I've met:
    Ronald Reagan
    Willie Brown (mayor of SF)
    Norman Fell
    Sandy Duncan
    Walter Matthau
    Ted Knight
    Adam West

Oh, and when I was in school, I was buddies with David Schwimmer from "Friends."

Capslock
    Max, wow, what a story!. Hey you met Batman? Holy Guadalcanal!

Isn't Willie Brown a defensive back for the Raiders?

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, I forgot, My 8th grade teacher was Greg Norris. He was a pitcher for the Braves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Willie Brown is a bluesman! Aintcha ever seen "Crossroads" with Ralph Macchio and Joe Seneca?
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought he was #24 for the Oakland Raiders. Ralph Macchio... wasn't he in "My Cousin Vinny"? You know - Joe Peschi, Marisa Tomei, Herman Munster... "What's a ute (youth)?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't forget Steve VAI, who did the music with Ry cooder.
    Speaking of bluse men, I hung out with BB King when he played in Tuzla main, Bosnia.
    When I was 17, and waiting to go in to the army I worked for a security co. I was asked to work overtime at the fourth game of the NBA Finals between the Rockets, and the Majic. My sup. said I'd proly work the parking garage or something. Because of my size I was given locker room detail. So basicly 5 min. before half time, and ten minuets before the end of the game I had to guard the locker room entrance. I met Shaq, Hakeem "the dream" Chucky Brown, Sam Cassel, Rudy T, Danny Glover. In Fact theres a video called double clutch city, if it has the post game interviews I'm in most of the background shots. Thing is I'm not much of a Sports person.

I also frequintly hang out with Jimmy Jamieson, the middle drummer for the Edgar Winter group, if anyone knows who that is. He's my drummers step dad, as my drummer grew up on Johnny, and Edgar winter's tour busses.
    I always suspect everything could be a trap... thats why I'm still alive
    N.A.S.C. Region 9 Head Grower

http://www.cpforums.org/gallery/ZAK

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edgar Winter! Awsome. I've seen him play. I always liked ol' Edgar...Johnny too.

I wonder what he's up to these days.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast