Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever met anyone famous?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ May 02 2005,5:44)]I wonder what he's up to these days.
    "Bout 6 feet.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to work for a record company, so I met lots of "rock stars"..real ones and people who just thought they were.

Sweetest guys EVER:Peter Gabriel and his band, Tony Levin is a very good egg. I even got a hug and peck on the cheek from all of them! They were all very talkative and friendly..and if you couldn't think of anything to say, why, they'd help you out! Very nice people. Peter Gabriel was gorgeous. Whew!

Most Suave:Bryan Ferry(Roxy Music). Very polite, VERY tall(which you don't expect with Rock stars)and very, very intelligent.

Photographic Memory Guy: Greg Dulli, lead singer for the Afghan Whigs. Really cute in the scruffy, somewhat pudgy boy-next-door kind of way.

Biggest Jerk: A tie between Iggy Pop and John Entwistle. John was a bitter old man. I hope he's feeling better now. He was my hero. Iggy is still living out the rude punk ethos. Not attractive in someone pushing 60.

Drama Queen: kd lang..she was always sighing and oh, so, tired and put out. But what a voice!

Kurdt Cobain: Shy and quiet. Sad. Smart. Blindingly gorgeous. He stole my lighter!

Courtney Love: the opposite of the above, except for the smart part. Courtney is extremely smart, just not too wise.

Lenny Kravitz: Way too cool. Way too hip. Way too couture... Way too obsessed with appearance. But still an ok guy.

I met so many they all kind of blend together in my head. As far as personally knowing any rock stars..well..I knew Henry Rollins when he was a skinny kid with long hair, about the same time I was a skinny kid with long hair.... In the Black Flag days. I lived in LA at the time. I used to buy beer for the guys in Wall of Voodoo because they weren't old enough to, LOL!

I have a passing acquaintance with everybody in the Smashing Pumpkins.

Oh, and Liz Phair used to do her laundry at the same laundromat I did [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've met:
    Ricky Williams, shook hands with him warming up befor a game
    Larry Czonka my uncle is his best friend
    thats all for now
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Famous people that I've actually had the opportunity to talk with would be Kevin James (King of Queens) and Tim Warfield (Jazz Musician)

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (0zzy @ May 02 2005,4:56)]Oh yeah, I forgot, My 8th grade teacher was Greg Norris. He was a pitcher for the Braves.
    Ah, the Braves!!! The greatest team ever!!!
    Sturgeon's Law:
    "Nothing is always absolutely so".

http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I met the ... mayor? governor? hmm... i forget... of NC. :P
    and my dad was on TV once...
    I know... it's pittiful.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should have slapped him on the back of his hand and said "No interstate through the Green Swamp!! Bad governor, Bad!!"
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't even know about greenswamp. I was doing a biotech course thing and he came over for some reason.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast