What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ever met anyone famous?

PAK~That's so scary about the green river killer...I'm glad you're ok and you weren't one of his victims.And CNCreefer~That is also very scary! And I'm glad you're ok as well.Did the FBI arrest the guy right then and there?*Niki*

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Did the FBI arrest the guy right then and there?*Niki*
Oh yeah, they cuffed him and took him and his car and he was gone. Once I convinced the FBI that I didn't know the guy they let me go. I can't remember exactly who it was but he was wanted for something really bad. Jeez I was just trying to help him get his car running. Years ago I used to do automotive repairs for $$$.

I met a few people when I was young, but failed to 'appreciate' their celebrity status. In the very ealry 70s (72?) the Bee Gees stayed at my parents hotel. And at the same time, Bob Moose, pitcher for the Pittsburgh Pirates, was a friend of my parents and visited often. He died in a car accident in 76, but was known as the only Pirate to pitch a no hitter (against the Mets) and also famous for a wild pitch that sent the Reds to the World Series (I think 72).

Since I'm not a BeeGees or basefall fan, this was all lost on me. But I was really into CP, and remember ordering from World Insectivorous Plants!

Oh, one more baseball celeb story. My company hired Don Sutton, Hall of Fame pitcher for Dodgers, to autograph baseballs. I got one for my son. I was foolish enough to tell him that I never heard of him. His response? "That's OK, Joe, I never heard of you until today, so we're even". He said it politely and with good humor. I most assuredly did not win points with the guys at the convention on that one.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JBL @ May 06 2005,11:41)] And at the same time, Bob Moose, pitcher for the Pittsburgh Pirates, was a friend of my parents and visited often.  He died in a car accident in 76, but was known as the only Pirate to pitch a no hitter (against the Mets) and also famous for a wild pitch that sent the Reds to the World Series (I think 72).
Joe, I remember seeing that game on TV. That particular Pirate team had Moose, Veale, and Lamb. Weird!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ May 07 2005,5:54)]Joe, I remember seeing that game on TV. That particular Pirate team had Moose, Veale, and Lamb. Weird!
Let's do an age calculation. You're 18 now. Hmmm, that would make you (-15) years old!

I remeber that game too. I was -1.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JBL @ May 07 2005,8:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ May 07 2005,5:54)]Joe, I remember seeing that game on TV. That particular Pirate team had Moose, Veale, and Lamb. Weird!
Let's do an age calculation.  You're 18 now.  Hmmm, that would make you (-15) years old!
Um... Joe... don't let the hair fool ya. I'm actually older. Peter Pan and Dorian Grey are my mentors.

Back