What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ever met anyone famous?

Willie Brown is a bluesman! Aintcha ever seen "Crossroads" with Ralph Macchio and Joe Seneca?

I thought he was #24 for the Oakland Raiders. Ralph Macchio... wasn't he in "My Cousin Vinny"? You know - Joe Peschi, Marisa Tomei, Herman Munster... "What's a ute (youth)?"

Don't forget Steve VAI, who did the music with Ry cooder.
 Speaking of bluse men, I hung out with BB King when he played in Tuzla main, Bosnia.
 When I was 17, and waiting to go in to the army I worked for a security co. I was asked to work overtime at the fourth game of the NBA Finals between the Rockets, and the Majic. My sup. said I'd proly work the parking garage or something. Because of my size I was given locker room detail. So basicly 5 min. before half time, and ten minuets before the end of the game I had to guard the locker room entrance. I met Shaq, Hakeem "the dream" Chucky Brown, Sam Cassel, Rudy T, Danny Glover. In Fact theres a video called double clutch city, if it has the post game interviews I'm in most of the background shots. Thing is I'm not much of a Sports person.

I also frequintly hang out with Jimmy Jamieson, the middle drummer for the Edgar Winter group, if anyone knows who that is. He's my drummers step dad, as my drummer grew up on Johnny, and Edgar winter's tour busses.

Edgar Winter! Awsome. I've seen him play. I always liked ol' Edgar...Johnny too.

I wonder what he's up to these days.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ May 02 2005,5:44)]I wonder what he's up to these days.
"Bout 6 feet.

I used to work for a record company, so I met lots of "rock stars"..real ones and people who just thought they were.

Sweetest guys EVER:peter Gabriel and his band, Tony Levin is a very good egg. I even got a hug and peck on the cheek from all of them!  They were all very talkative and friendly..and if you couldn't think of anything to say, why, they'd help you out!  Very nice people.  Peter Gabriel was gorgeous. Whew!  

Most Suave:Bryan Ferry(Roxy Music). Very polite, VERY tall(which you don't expect with Rock stars)and very, very intelligent.  

Photographic Memory Guy: Greg Dulli, lead singer for the Afghan Whigs. Really cute in the scruffy, somewhat pudgy boy-next-door kind of way.

Biggest Jerk: A tie between Iggy Pop and John Entwistle. John was a bitter old man. I hope he's feeling better now. He was my hero.  Iggy is still living out the rude punk ethos.  Not attractive in someone pushing 60.  

Drama Queen: kd lang..she was always sighing and oh, so, tired and put out.  But what a voice!

Kurdt Cobain: Shy and quiet. Sad.  Smart. Blindingly gorgeous. He stole my lighter!  

Courtney Love: the opposite of the above, except for the smart part. Courtney is extremely smart, just not too wise.

Lenny Kravitz: Way too cool. Way too hip. Way too couture... Way too obsessed with appearance. But still an ok guy.

I met so many they all kind of blend together in my head.  As far as personally knowing any rock stars..well..I knew Henry Rollins when he was a skinny kid with long hair, about the same time I was a skinny kid with long hair....  In the Black Flag days. I lived in LA at the time.  I used to buy beer for the guys in Wall of Voodoo because they weren't old enough to, LOL!

I have a passing acquaintance with everybody in the Smashing Pumpkins.

Oh, and Liz Phair used to do her laundry at the same laundromat I did  
smile_m_32.gif

i've met:
Ricky Williams, shook hands with him warming up befor a game
Larry Czonka my uncle is his best friend
thats all for now

Famous people that I've actually had the opportunity to talk with would be Kevin James (King of Queens) and Tim Warfield (Jazz Musician)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ May 02 2005,4:56)]Oh yeah, I forgot, My 8th grade teacher was Greg Norris. He was a pitcher for the Braves.
Ah, the Braves!!! The greatest team ever!!!

I met the ... mayor? governor? hmm... i forget... of NC. :p
and my dad was on TV once...
I know... it's pittiful.

You should have slapped him on the back of his hand and said "No interstate through the Green Swamp!! Bad governor, Bad!!"
mad.gif

I didn't even know about greenswamp. I was doing a biotech course thing and he came over for some reason.

Holy crap.  I always thought I've led a shallow, meaningless life and this just proves it.  Not nearly enough celebrities.

Bruce, most of the celebs I met just happened through the job I have. And being here in California, celebs are coming out of the woodwork. No thing. All of the celebrity meetings I have had were simply accidents. Being in a certain place at a certain time, a pure chance gig. I am not as enamored with thesefolks as some people are, but they were interesting. My favorites were Dom Delouise, and Lee Van Cleef. Van Cleef is a very intelligent man, and interesting too. But they are just people.

Hey, regarding Dom Delouise. I went to school with his kid, Peter Delouise, who I have to say was a fairly obnoxious individual. He was in 21 Jump Street.

David Schwimmer was just a normal, dorky eigth grader.

Capslock

[b said:
Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ May 02 2005,9:40)]Holy crap.  I always thought I've led a shallow, meaningless life and this just proves it.  Not nearly enough celebrities.
i would argue the exact opposite

unless, that is, you are being sarcastic

I just remembered now reading all the other famous sitings...Ringo Star, Patty Clapton and Barbara Bach

Ooh boy name dropping! Bet nobody knows any of these people:

person- band
Quorthon (rip)- Bathory
Ronnie James Dio- DIO/B. Sabbath
David Defeis-Virgin Steele
Bill Lindsey-Impaler
Lemmy and Mikkey Dee - Motorhead
Jello Biafra - Dead Kennedys / Jello Biafra
King Diamond - King Diamond/Mercyful Fate
the whole band of ABSU (I wrote the symphonic intro music for their 1995 US tour used it as a hidden track on my CD later on. They got pulled over in the same spot everyone gets pulled over at when they leave minnesota right after burning one of their offerings...oops!)
the whole band of Enslaved (I took these drunken norwegian vikings to the mall of america instead of making them do their soundcheck like they were supposed to)
The bald ahole from Slayer, whoever he is! One of my writers was infatuated with him for some reason so I had to meet him too.
Mikka from Impaled Nazarene
Kai Hansen - Helloween / Gamma Ray
The Great Kat! - (who remembers this metal chick! and her "Worship me or die!" LP? She's just as hot nowadays even more so!)
Tom Angel Ripper - Sodom / Unkel Tom
Udo Dirkshneider - U.D.O. / Accept
the AC/DC midgets
Nashville "Kitty" (not the real 2nd word - they were girls gone wild!)
Sepultura (they smoke a lot of dope)
Schmeir - Destruction
Lizzy Borden - Lizzy Borden (I never got better photos than at this show the whole roll was golden but Battle Helm mag was only a B/W magazine! aaarrrgghh!)
Rob Halford - Halford/Judas Priest (he gave me his belt! I don't know where I have it stored now tho)
Dee Schneider - Twisted Sister
all of Quiet Riot (and their hairpieces)
Doro Pesch - Warlock / Doro (she was truely as beautiful as she was when I was 12 years old - though she was only about as tall as I was when I was 12-she's small!)
THOR! -from rock band Thor and several campy 80s horror flicks.
There's a lot more cos I've been interviewing bands for almost 15 years!

Non bands would be these old fart wrestlers:
Rock n Roll Buck Zumhoff (met him pumping gas with the too-young girl which later got him jailed!)
Hulk Hogan & MR T. he was a wrestler with Hulk for a shot time in the 80's
Rowdy Roddy Piper (my aunt knew this guy somehow he gave me a tee shirt with an iron on tranffer that peeled off the first time I washed it!)
Jerry Blackwell
George the Animal (he was my english teachers next door neighbor she broght him in to school for some reason a funny fellow)

Sheik Adnon Al Casey (He had a habit of roaming his house and outdoor property without his pants on! My aunts fireman scanner picked up police radio and they were always being called to his house in eden prarie for indecent exposure! I was about 10 years old and was using the bathroom at the highschool where they taped the saturday morning WWF matches on tuesday nites. When I came out to wash my hands he was taping his cast onto his "broken arm". I said "hey you're supposed to keep a cast on all the time aren't you!?" he just said "shhh" and finished tying up and then went off to wrestle with his "broken arm!"
smile_n_32.gif
)
mean gene wilder (the ring announcer, I met him outside the bathroom where I had just seen the sheik tying on the cast I told him "his arm isn't really broken!")

Vern Gonyea was arrested by my best friends dad for drunken driving. He came over one day when I was at Matt's house and gave us all tee shirts and posters and stuff but we had to give it back cos his dad said it was a bribe to try and get him to somehow erase the DWI charges.

After meeting all these people and those to come it really comes down to they're just people some are good some are turds. In the end their talent we respect, not the person cos sometimes those people aren't respectful. Luckilly 90% have been genuinely great folks but maybe that's cos most of the time I have a press pass and camera (if allowed)...!

"im the man with the dogs!"
smile_n_32.gif

I have met...
Steve McQueen - I raced motorcycles and skied with him.
Ali McGraw - I had cocktails with her...three times.
Col. Oliver North
Frank Sinatra
Roberto Duran
Sugar Ray Leonard
Manuel Noriega
Augusto Pinochet
Penelope Cruz
Sergio Mendez
Clyde Bramblett
Trent and and Michelle Meeks
Peter D'Amato

I have yet to meet PAK  
smilie4.gif

I've met Elgecko and JBL. So they count?

Back