Thread: Paganism

BoooOOOOooooo!!!!! unknownclown's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pa·gan
    n.
    One who is not a Christian, Muslim, or Jew, especially a worshiper of a polytheistic religion.
    One who has no religion.
    A non-Christian.
    A hedonist.
    A Neo-Pagan.

adj.
    Not Christian, Muslim, or Jewish.
    Professing no religion; heathen.
    Neo-Pagan.

Not acknowledging the God of Christianity and Judaism and Islam [syn: heathen, heathenish, ethnic] n : a person who does not acknowledge your God [syn: heathen, gentile, infidel]

Mostly they are any religion that doesnt fall into the typical norm. Like Druidism, WICCA, and other earth centered and nature based religious faiths.

And, hello Bonnie from me as well.
    I am the weirdo who sits next to you on the bus!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't be oppressed in your religion. First admendment and all. Welcome to the non-christian side (I would have said dark side but I'm not that dorky [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't it ironic that most churchs in Europe are built on Pagan sites (I mean the old ones)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of religious holidays are assimilated versions of pagan holidays too... the pagan holidays were there first for one thing, and it's easier to convert someone if their traditions are already halfway there.

For example (there are probably better links, but I'm too busy to find one): http://www.goodnewsaboutgod.com/studies/holidays2.htm

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (unknownclown @ May 05 2005,12:15)]pa·gan
    n.
    One who is not a Christian, Muslim, or Jew, especially a worshiper of a polytheistic religion.
    One who has no religion.
    A non-Christian.
    A hedonist.
    A Neo-Pagan.

adj.
    Not Christian, Muslim, or Jewish.
    Professing no religion; heathen.
    Neo-Pagan.

Not acknowledging the God of Christianity and Judaism and Islam [syn: heathen, heathenish, ethnic] n : a person who does not acknowledge your God [syn: heathen, gentile, infidel]

Mostly they are any religion that doesnt fall into the typical norm. Like Druidism, WICCA, and other earth centered and nature based religious faiths.

And, hello Bonnie from me as well.
    Thanks. I thought as much. I think there is a lot of confusion as to what that word means, just as what Christian means.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi Jim!and hello unknownclown as well! yes the Christian holidays are modeled on pagan holidays because the church wanted the pagans to convert and if the system resembled theirs they were more likely to convert to Christianity. that's why i don't mind celebrating the Christian holidays w/ my family. my father doesn't know and it makes me feel a little guilty but he is the MOST prejudiced person i have ever met... no exaggeration(sp?). he won't be able to do anything about it once i'm 18 so i plan on telling him then but until that point it's hush-hush. my mother knows though...really a large portion of my family knows about it, mostly the women though.

i think that part of the reason this religion works so well for me is because of my native american heritage and the fact that it has so many similar practices . native americans..that aren't christian, jewish, muslim, etc. anyway...are actually considered pagans, which i think rocks lol, but its in my blood so i couldn't really avoid it. i have been of this religion since i was twelve. i've been asked, " how does a twelve-year-old make a decision as serious as that?". i don't know how or why i did but i am really glad that i did. now look i'm blabbering on and on...i'll shut up now lol.
    ~fyre
    \"May you ever walk comfortably in the shadows; neither blinded by the light nor lost in the dark.\"-i have no idea

\"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.\"-Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh yeah...Jim can i add you to my msn contacts list?
    \"May you ever walk comfortably in the shadows; neither blinded by the light nor lost in the dark.\"-i have no idea

\"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.\"-Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait so Atheists are considered pagan too? If so then I guess I am pagan, and oddly enough I have native american background too. But anyways I don't care what people believe as long as it doesn't inconvenience me that much.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast