What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paganism

• Thread starter fyrespryte
  • Start date
ok guys..i'm sure some of you think i'm a b**** at this point in time because until now i've mostly used this forum when i really needed to vent or rant for one reason or another. i am, however, taking it seriously now and i thought this would be an interesting discussion if we don't start slinging names and other things. i was just wondering what the general consensus(sp?) on paganism was among the people of this forum and would love to hear your opinions, positive or negative regardless, just so i can have some new input.
thanks all,
~fyre

they love nature, i love them.
lol. I wouldn't go as far as worshiping nature but to each their own. (that sounded weird. is that how the saying goes?)
actually i DISLIKE the worshiping of nature... but oh well. can't have it all I guess. :p

Most of the pagans I've met have been way above average as far as being cool people with good sensibilities. But then I'm a nature-loving lefty sort of guy anyway.

Capslock

I studied the folklore and magical systems of Druidry for quite a number of years. I wish that there would have been some kind of concrete magical event which could have impressed me one way or the other but sadly there was nothing but fairytales to study and styles of poetry to learn. The imagery and ideas behind paganism/occultism is thrilling and to a young mind and there is much material to use in song lyrics and such but like any religion, it's all smoke and mirrors.

yeah some people don't see it that way. im not technically a pagan..i am however in the classification neopagan which is quite different but still related because of the familiar origins. im really glad to find so many openminded people when it comes to this but i welcome comments from everyone. i haven't come completely "out of the broom closet" yet because so many people where i live are prejudiced and i want to test my closest friends and family(the ones that know) before i decide whether or not i will. it's just such a difficult thing in my small christian town. all the misconceptions drive me insane.*sighs* i don't really feel like typing anymore...i'll add more tomorrow.
~fyre

I want to remind everybody that every word that is typed here are opinions. So there should be no hurt feelings. These topics have a way of getting ugly. I want to let everyone of you know that as soon as it starts to get heated this topic will be locked.

look at the bright side, you can disspell those myths
smile.gif

lol thanks ozzy but i don't particularly care what horrible things people think or say about my religion because like it or not they won't sway me. i'm open to everybody's opinions. if they do believe that nonsense so popular about us being satan worshippers or whatever i automatically accept them as merely ignorant.
~fyre

Well I really don't care what anybody says, as long as they stay within the rules, respect others and be nice. I know from experience that these topics always ends very bad. I'm just hoping that this one time everybody respects everbodies elses opinion. I know, but I can hope.

lol... not even satanists worship satan.
They are ignorant. You should always be very skeptical about the bad things people say about others. They're usually not true.

Like any belief system it seems the people who genuinely know it and live it are in the minority. And unfortunately you have to put up with all the nonsense the majority stirs up.

The pagans I've met have all been really nice people. Kind and accepting. Can't say the same about other belief systems. Aprilh

i like the way you put it endparenthesis....yes luis i know satanists don't worship satan...that's why i said satan worshippers. wow im in a good mood right now unlike earlier when i was all blah.
~fyre

lol... when did I say you thought satanists worshiped satan? that was a general statement about what people believe.

What is the definition of a pagan? Hi Bonnie!
smile.gif

pa·gan
n.
One who is not a Christian, Muslim, or Jew, especially a worshiper of a polytheistic religion.
One who has no religion.
A non-Christian.
A hedonist.
A Neo-Pagan.

adj.
Not Christian, Muslim, or Jewish.
Professing no religion; heathen.
Neo-Pagan.

Not acknowledging the God of Christianity and Judaism and Islam [syn: heathen, heathenish, ethnic] n : a person who does not acknowledge your God [syn: heathen, gentile, infidel]

Mostly they are any religion that doesnt fall into the typical norm. Like Druidism, WICCA, and other earth centered and nature based religious faiths.

And, hello Bonnie from me as well.

Don't be oppressed in your religion. First admendment and all. Welcome to the non-christian side (I would have said dark side but I'm not that dorky
smile_n_32.gif
)

Isn't it ironic that most churchs in Europe are built on Pagan sites (I mean the old ones)

A lot of religious holidays are assimilated versions of pagan holidays too... the pagan holidays were there first for one thing, and it's easier to convert someone if their traditions are already halfway there.

For example (there are probably better links, but I'm too busy to find one): http://www.goodnewsaboutgod.com/studies/holidays2.htm

Back