Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Inspired by maehem.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it must depend on how much life experience you have had (situations you have been in, finding yourself (If you beleive in that), knowing what you would do in any situation, etc.). I guess that would be called emotional age of which I would be much older then my physical age, but I will not go into that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i beleive the best mesure of progress isnt where you are, but how far you've come in (?) amount of time
    that makes no logic

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never know what to call a female type person between 18 & 20-something. Actually, I avoid using girl or woman altogether. I just say, 'gal".

I absolutely hate it when someone calls me, "Mr. Straus". That just grates me! I mean, it's like they MUST be talking to my father or something. It sure aint me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I played dodgeball &basketball yesterday, and I feel like an old man now... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Peter
    the cellist

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL second on what Rubra said, only I just did a lot of stupid things which ended up with lots of painful convalescence, so my body feels like 60, my I.D. says I'm 32 and my personality makes me seem about 14... My "wife" finds it funny that I can have heavy, even heated political discussions with buddies while I'm setting up my Star Wars figures in goofy poses on our coffee table (come to think of it, that IS kinda strange, image-wise)

And what Jimscott said, people call me "Mr.Fuller" and it actually makes me laugh (best quote EVER involving that, some telemarlketer who figured out I was goofing on him and decided to use his BIG GUNS while trying to convince me to subscribe to all these lousy periodicals... "Mr.Fuller- are you saying that you're AFRAID of Magazines[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]?" I nearly choked to death laughing as the strangled sounds of desperate attempts at maintaining composure filled the earpiece)

And when some 17 year old kid at a store (or wherever, you know the situation) calls me "Sir" it makes me embarassed for both me and them (I always want to make some comment, but then I think of some jerk who insists on being treated like some kind of freakin dignitary FLIPPING out on the kid for even hinting at colloquialisms when addressing them and just think "prolly safer to just say Sir all the time, unfortunately")

And I forget who said it, but that line "I'm wayy too old to grow up now" is PERFECT... I will be using that from now on
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Far too old to grow up now. Kate's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So let me see if I have this right.. so far the consensus from the chronological adults on this forum is that adulthood is an undefined state that we occasionally fumble our way through all the while trying to figure out how to get out of it so we can go play?
    I typo, therefore I edit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you must be right [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Maehem @ May 07 2005,12:34)]So let me see if I have this right.. so far the consensus from the chronological adults on this forum is that adulthood is an undefined state that we occasionally fumble our way through all the while trying to figure out how to get out of it so we can go play?
    That scares me because when I was a kid, I thought theadults knew what they were doing. Were they just faking it well?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast