What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Colored filter photos

I am looking at ebay for colored filters but I don't really know what the photos turn out like. I decided to buy a red one anyway but did not spend money on other colors yet because I can't find color pictures as exaples for what the filters do. Does anyone have filiters that they would not mind snapping a few shots to demonstrate what these do. I know a general apperecne of that color exists but does it cancle out the complimentary or not?
Tre

Why would you buy a colored filter when you can tint your photos in photoshop. If you want a filter, buy a circular polarizer, that thing is amazing!

I have no scanner so photoshop is not really an option + I have to get the software for it. Besides what's the fun in that? You never know what you will get with a film camera.
smile.gif

ditto on the polarizer and the photoshop suggestions. buy a uv filter if anything. you should always have a uv filter on your lens at all times just for protection.

I am looking into the polarizing filter but they cost quite a bit of money and I rarly do sunny outside shots (and they will be of plants anyway so not much glare) so I have no immediate need for a polorizing filter. 2nd all glass/plastic takes the UV rays out of light + I think mine has one on anyway (I have the standard filter)
True the photo-developer could put it on a CD but I still don't have the software.
And that is not really the point of this thread.

Back