User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Colored filter photos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am looking at ebay for colored filters but I don't really know what the photos turn out like. I decided to buy a red one anyway but did not spend money on other colors yet because I can't find color pictures as exaples for what the filters do. Does anyone have filiters that they would not mind snapping a few shots to demonstrate what these do. I know a general apperecne of that color exists but does it cancle out the complimentary or not?
    Tre

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would you buy a colored filter when you can tint your photos in photoshop. If you want a filter, buy a circular polarizer, that thing is amazing!
    larry
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigflytrap/
    Save a tree, legalize cannabis.
    Be enlightened

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no scanner so photoshop is not really an option + I have to get the software for it. Besides what's the fun in that? You never know what you will get with a film camera. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ditto on the polarizer and the photoshop suggestions. buy a uv filter if anything. you should always have a uv filter on your lens at all times just for protection.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am looking into the polarizing filter but they cost quite a bit of money and I rarly do sunny outside shots (and they will be of plants anyway so not much glare) so I have no immediate need for a polorizing filter. 2nd all glass/plastic takes the UV rays out of light + I think mine has one on anyway (I have the standard filter)
    True the photo-developer could put it on a CD but I still don't have the software.
    And that is not really the point of this thread.