What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auction is going well

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Hi Folks

The auction is rolling right along. We have some GREAT items listed. If you haven't checked it out, please do so. Remember this is a way to make a donation AND get something in return. You win both ways.
smile.gif

We don't have much in the way of seed donations...which is kinda weird. I thought people had tons of seeds laying around. Even some "newbie" material is good. It doesn't matter if the highest bid is $2, it all adds up.

Last year we ended with about 200 listings. Lets see if we can break that number. Right now we are around 87 or so. And that is TERRIFIC for only being open for 3 days.
biggrin.gif
So...poke around and see what you might have extras of.

Thank you all so much. I see a lot of generosity out there both in listings and bidding.

You guys are the best!

there is a group of Utrics and Genlisea(20 species plus 2 varieties/cultivars) that are sitting at just over $0.50 a plug/plant....................your not going to make me do allllllllll the work of taking that many plugs and keeping them properly labeled for $13?!?!?!

Wish I had something to contribute.

I think that we have already broken the dollar amount from last year.
smile.gif

lots of interesting stuff thats for sure. wish i had more room and $ for some of the neps and that large orchid of Bruce's. ill throw some more stuff on there later in the week. no more Utrics though i dont think......figure ive got a soild hour to 90 minutes of divisions to take now for what i offered up
smile_n_32.gif

there may be less overall members than the last time

I think everyone is doing a fantastic job. I keep seeing new listings and that's good.
smile.gif

Tre...you can always make a financial donation directly. Some people are doing that. It doesn't have to be much. If 10 people gave $10...that's a $100. So even the little ones of $2, $5, $10 counts.
smile.gif
It might mean a little sacrifice...like not getting a CD you want right away or giving up a fast food meal. But this money will go to financing the things we need to do to get NASC going...like filing for not-for-profit status which costs money. And hopefully this will extend to financing plant rescues and things like that.

Fund-raising is part of the deal with an organization. The ICPS has its membership fee to finance the newsletter and other things.

Keep the listings coming. We still have another week and a half. So that's time to look around and see what you can come up with.

There is some goooooood stuff listed!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ May 10 2005,9:25)]I think that we have already broken the dollar amount from last year.
smile.gif

Wow! Serious? That's dang amazing...not considering what happened to the dollar amount from last year, but I think it was about a thousand over bucks, heh?

This is my 1st auction. Actually a lot of fun and a better variety of plants than I expected.

I keep hearing of this auction, but where is it? i cant find the page.

scroll down on the main terraforums page.. it is right there

I gotta get me outta there! At the rate we're going, U. subulata will end up going for $100!!
biggrin.gif

Now now Joe, it's for a good cause and you know you need all those things you are bidding on.

Bid frequently and with wild abandon. Macaroni and cheese will be fine for the next year or so and it will have been for a good cause.

Aside from that, I don't see any behaviors that some nice prozak (sp?) or lithium couldn't handle.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LauraZ5 @ May 11 2005,10:53)]Now now Joe, it's for a good cause and you know you need all those things you are bidding on.

Bid frequently and with wild abandon. Macaroni and cheese will be fine for the next year or so and it will have been for a good cause.

Aside from that, I don't see any behaviors that some nice prozak (sp?) or lithium couldn't handle.
Have mercy on my manic soul....

I think everybody needs EVERYTHING that's up for auction.  So bid HIGH!  LOL

There are waaaaaaaaay too many things listed that I want.  
confused.gif

Hey Tony >;-D ...I think you should put up 50 N. albo blacks...so everyone who wants one can get one.  
smile_n_32.gif
 Isn't that a gooooood idea??  Notice I put a devil smiley next to your name.....  
biggrin.gif

Keep checking the auctions...new items keep showing up.  Maybe some people are holding out to list something next week.  That would be good too.

I think everyone is being so generous and the things offered are varied and VERY nice.  Its a smorgasbord of tastey tidbits.

You guy and gals are simply THE best.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Group Hug}}}}}}}}}}}}

PAKtioneer
well dang...is the devil smiley not working??

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ May 12 2005,8:24)]PAKtioneer
well dang...is the devil smiley not working??
PAK, the devil smiley has never worked. You have to paste its URL as an image in oder to use it.
ei.[ IMG]http://www.petflytrap.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_s_32.gif[/IMG ]

Ohhhhh.
confused.gif

no worry.. I am fluent in non smiley face lingo. Used them all long before people had smilies to post! ;> (wink with a smile)
alot of people would also use the } for horns on their devil face...

btw this is the first cutting of the N. albomarginata purple/black I have released!

You mean like this? }:-E Heyyy...that does look like you!
smile_m_32.gif

Back