What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Look here if you have ever taken

Am I crazy or should you bring earplugs to AP tests? I took AP US Gov and Politics today at the right time and date. Partway through the test the nextdoor weightlifting class decided to see how many decibles they could turn up their radio al while screaming and slamming weights on the ground. WE were assured by our proctor that this was much quiter then in past years. I think this counts as making a disturbance. So I did report it to the AP board because I am NOT going to sit through l something like 10 AP tests in these conditions. Frankly I don't care if my score is counted anymore but this is unacceptable. OR am I crazy?

Hey Treaqum,
IF I had had my learning disability test back in high school, I would have been allowed earplugs for certain.

I'm not sure if they allow you to bring them into the tests, if you don't have a disability, but I don't see why not. I think it's a fair question and they have a toll-free number here. If they say no, I'd bring a napkin in my pocket and stuff them in my ears anyway.

Those folks will do anything to make sure you get a lower score. I can rant and rave about what they did to me for the GRE exam, if you want to hear it you can send me an email or PM.

I suggest purchasing some good earplugs at the local drugstore instead of the kind you get free for industrial work, but make sure you get ones where you can still hear instructions if needed. If you want me to check on the brand I have, just send me an email or PM.

My problem was that I don't think distracting noise should be made. I mea usually they keep it as quiet as possible. I would think that dince getting 4s and 5s on the AP makes the school look good thye would keep us in a quiet "test-taking" enviroment.

I never actually took my AP Calc exam (my wonderful, supportive teacher told me I shouldn't bother trying) but I do seem to remember from all my dealings with the College Board that you can dispute a test for something like that. But I don't know how much they'll do for you besides give you a free retest, and you might have to wait for it. I'd take a look at their website or the registration materials and see what your options are, then contact them in person.
Good luck,
~Joe

Back