What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Xbox 360

Thats some crappy graphics, but its probably a test like PiranhaPlant said. The real one should be more realistic.

Calm down Starman, its one thing to support, but its another thing to deny anything and everything bad.

PiranhaPlant- I think you have to copy the link and paste it again for it to work. Zongyi

alright starman your so sure these images are fake, maybe playstation just let you down...if its so fake, why is it on ign.com.. get a life...seriously

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Starman @ May 17 2005,12:46)]
PS3 is out! check out a screenshot

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3....598.jpg

why??

OMG that is so NOT a PS3 screenshot, that was probably made by PS haters and Xbox supporters like you
PS2 has better graphics then that so called 'PS3 screenshot', which is obviously faked
If you care to look at the begging of the link it's from IGN.com. it doesn't get more official than IGN since they're the ones covering E3. Starman let's be a little less ignorant.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PiranhaPlant @ May 17 2005,2:09)]I can't see the screenshoot and I tried to go to the website and I got 403 (access denied)
confused.gif
go to PS3.ign.com and type in "vision gran turismo" in the game search. it should give you that screenshot and 2 others.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Zongyi_Yang @ May 17 2005,4:07)]Calm down Starman, its one thing to support, but its another thing to deny anything and everything bad.
Exactly. I'm a hardcore Xbox fanatic but it's just pure fact that PS3 is better than Xbox 360.

whats wrong with the existing counsls? we dont need new ones. Wate of money for just a bit better stuff IMHO

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ May 17 2005,9:38)]whats wrong with the existing counsls? we dont need new ones. Wate of money for just a bit better stuff IMHO
a bit better? 2 trillion floating point calculations per second is than that. It's a big improvement even if we don't see it right away. The games being launched aren't halfway to using all of the new consoles power. The games will start to look better as game developers being to get their PS3 and Xbox 360 legs planted firmly.

8784671701491003.JPG

See that chart? It should put into perspective how powerful these systems are. It's a little blurry but understandable. See how low the PC@3.2Ghz is? Well that PC isn't slow, it's actually very fast. It's just dwarfed in performance by the other 2 supercomputers. The Xbox 360 is capable of ~1 teraflop and the PS3 is capable of ~2 teraflops. Teraflop stands for floating point calculations which is plainly how fast can perform. if your PC processor is capable of 4 gigaflops (which it probably doesn't if it wasnt made relatively recently anything) in comparison to the consoles, Xbox 360(CPU and GPU combined) is theoretically ~288 times faster than your computer CPU and the PS3 is ~545 times faster than your computer CPU

[b said:
Quote[/b] (altrade212 @ May 17 2005,8:28)]alright starman your so sure these images are fake, maybe playstation just let you down...if its so fake, why is it on ign.com.. get a life...seriously
Well Ive seen a LOT of very very good pics with brilliant graphics, and theres one pic with bad graphics that also looks quite odd

Get a life? I already have one, at least I dont spend it by making threads about how great Xbox is all the time
smile_m_32.gif

How are details such as thousands of individual blades of grass that sway to the wind bad graphics?

360 Running at One-Third
All the rendering you've seen for demos on the Xbox 360 are running off alpha units, naturally the alpha units are slower than the actual console but the Xbox 360 alpha unit is running at one third the power the actual xbox 360 will be. So expect 3 times the graphics you're being shown now.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Get a life? I already have one, at least I dont spend it by making threads about how great Xbox is all the time

its funny cuz your the first who posted! lol

Let's just not argue anymore, don't want another thread locked again, if you want to, just pm each other or something. And oh....... PS3 > xbox360
smile_n_32.gif

obligatory "xbox is hueg lol"

lol... im stil an xbox buff..os3 might have more potentioal but lets see if they'll use it, microsoft still is going to make some mind blowing games, and sony lost square-enix (who made their best games) but they still will come thru, these next few years is ganna be some competition..the war has begun..

I like nintendo's feature that you can download games from nes, snes, n64 and gamecube (most likely for a fee. Also, their online service is free
smile_n_32.gif
, and one of the first online titles is SSB and I'm betting that their controller will beat out ps3 and xbox, I like Sony, but come on, their controller looks like a boomerang.
Just hoping Nintendo releases some good launch titles, hopefuly they learned their mistake from last time.

Nintendo always know how it needs to go down. Nintendo For Life.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (altrade212 @ May 19 2005,12:21)]lol... im stil an xbox buff..os3 might have more potentioal but lets see if they'll use it, microsoft still  is going to make some mind blowing games, and sony lost square-enix (who made their best games) but they still will come thru, these next few years is ganna be some competition..the war has begun..
No..........Amateur Expert did

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Starman @ May 19 2005,2:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (altrade212 @ May 19 2005,12:21)]lol... im stil an xbox buff..os3 might have more potentioal but lets see if they'll use it, microsoft still is going to make some mind blowing games, and sony lost square-enix (who made their best games) but they still will come thru, these next few years is ganna be some competition..the war has begun..
No..........Amateur Expert did

Alfredo, i don't think they lost square enix, square enix just works on both consoles now.

lol, i won't get started with you because i don't want this thread locked. everyone do me a favor and ignore dino so this thread stays alive.

Microsoft must be doing something right... They're going around asking people which console everyone's excited about and people are saying Xbox 360 over PS3. HAVE YOU VISITED THE PS3 PRESS CONFERENCE? I think it might have to do with the fact that the 360 releases this year. Maybe sony is making a mistake? Also the Estimated prices for the PS3 will be 50,000 yen. Which translates to about 500 US dollars. The 360 will cost... 360 US dollars (for the upgrade with a hard drive, camera [i think an extra controller]). If you just want the console with a controller and all necessary cables it's $299. Xbox is expecting to round up (based on consumer response) 2 Billion Xbox 360 sales and they expect half (1 billion) of those people to be online. All this by the end of 2006, beggining of 2007. I myself excited for both with a slight bias for the PS3.

Back