Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who are the goths among us?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I could contol time I would make the "Day" be from 10 pm to 10 am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, I have to say that there are many versions of Goth, and the newer ones CANNOT be called fake. Being Goth can be what others described in this thread, or it can be how someone feels she/he is. But it's not fair to say that maybe how I think I am Goth is fake, and Marilyn Manson can do whatever he wants.

Goth is almost a religion. People can be Goth however they want, just like people can be Christian or Jewish however they want. You don't have to go to church to be Christian, and you don't have to have piercings or read gothic novels or believe in Satan to be Gothic.
    Anything good in life is either illegal, immoral, or fattening. ~Pardo.

\"I think we should always make certain we have chocolate. One never knows when it might be necessary.\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just don't like the "poseur" label. It sucks. It's a judgement made by people who THINK they're cool upon people they don't think are cool. How cool is it to conform to your peers? How different are you?

No matter how cool you think you are....guesswhat? there are people light-years cooler than you can ever hope to be. Who has the energy to be hip? Not me, that's for sure.
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like the harder a person tries to stand out from the crowd, the more they blend in with their peers. One step forward, two steps back.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a goth-ish, not gothic. I dress in black and mesh and chain, and have a fancy for snakes, and write poetry and draw, but i dont much listen to music and my major isnt the-mourning-of-life, its herbology, and i have no tattoos and only one set of ear piercings. I couldnt be considered 'fake' for not adhearing to some dark code, because im not trying to be gothic, i am only fowling what i like. black and silver just happen to be my favorite colors. my hair is bright purple not because i want to stand out, but because i think purple hair rocks.

a person can be gothic and themselves at the same time. it may take a bit of clashing ('hmm, black dragon statue or brightly flowering herb?'), but it can be done, and shouldn't be frowned upon as posing. Every person has a right to be themselves.

And hey, why do people think it so odd to want to make one self pale? High-class women have been doing it all through time. (though poison on the skin isnt needed, jurt a bit of lemon, peroxide, and glycerine!)
    Jenna Armstrong,
    Co-Leader of Ethereal Exotics.
    Animal Breeding -
    Bengal House Cats, and soon Ball Pythons, Chinchillas, Giant Geckos, and Flying Geckos.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Yuri_WIldcat @ May 16 2005,5:39)]black and silver just happen to be my favorite colors.
    Are you also an Oakland Raider fan? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I relate to goths alot. I rarely smile or laugh or talk alot, not because I feel crappy, but because that's just not how I am. Unless I'm with my friends, I'm seclusive. I stare off into space alot and I have a weird, messed-up, dry, sarcastic sense of humor and a vengeance against life. I rarely use lights in rooms.. I dunno if that's a goth-like thing or just me, but.. bright rooms annoy the hell out of me. The only lights ever on in my room are my fluorescent bulb in my CP tank and my TV. I never use the light in the bathroom.. the nightlight my grandfather puts there for some unknown reason is enough. Even without it I wouldn't need it, because I've lived in this house my whole life.. I know it and I don't need to use vision to get around in it. Plus, I don't like to waste stuff like electricity. It irritates me how, every single day, my grandparents leave lights on when they leave a room or turn lights on they don't need. You don't need those ceiling lights on in the kitchen all day!! Or anywhere else! I could save them SO much money if they'd quit turning lights and sinks and stuff right back on when I turn them off. Lots of people think I'm messed-up (in negative and positive ways, depending on the person).. I'm pretty morbid and I love blood and gore. I sketch alot.. CPs and horses, mostly. Usually I make the stuff I draw wicked-cool looking, not just ordinary VFTs or grazing horses. I make CP sketches have dark black shading and coloration with accentuated features, along with the horses I draw. They're usually pretty fierce. And I have no problem with wearing black. It's one of my favorite colors. If I had enough black, I'd probably wear all black alot. But I usually just wear dark clothes.. never pastels or bright colors. And NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER pink. I'm not a bubbly, happy-go-lucky person.. normally pretty blank when it comes to emotions. I get this deep feeling of impending doom sometimes.. it's happened to me twice. I have no idea what that was about. And when I get mad, I get MAD, violent urges and all.. I usually end up punching one of my bedroom walls multiple times (they're concrete, not that flimsy paper-thin plaster crap), which explains why two of my knuckles on my right hand are wayyy flatter than the same knuckles on my left hand. And when I'm depressed I just kinda go numb to everything.

And that's how I believe I'm pretty goth-like. And you're either with me or against me.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps one of you could shed some light on the word "Hetian" (sp?) I've heard association between goth and hetian but am not sure what a hetian really is.

The MM thing was mostly sarcasm and a phase that seemed to pass with his AntiChrist album. The vampire comment on the other hand I do know of a few who are vampyric/romanticists/necromancers so they claim and I personally find it kinda ........not sure what I would call it but to each their own. Of course thats based on the "fact" that vampyres aren't real - so to speak.
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast