Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How do you eat your food?

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ May 14 2005,11:57)]of course, I don't mix things like ice cream and tacos (unless you count a waffle with ice cream in the middle [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]) just things like beans and rice, i mix the ice cream that has like swirls in it, etc. Even cakes... mush it until you have a paste (sometimes i need to add some milk.. if it's not 3-milk cake YUM) and it tastes great.
    Do you put sason or sofrito in your food?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don't know what they are so I guess not [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bad. I thought you were Hispanic. We have had those as well as pestolillos. I like to use something called adobo in beans and rice. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I eat a bite of this, a spoon full of that, a bite of that and take a swig of cold Beck's beer...add more salt, pepper, garlic and hot salsa to everything and repeat until it is all finished. I then start on my hot fudge brownie with 'nella ice cream and wash it down with a glass of milk.

Thought for the day;
    There is room for all of God's little little creatures...right next to the mashed potatoes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I eat each section at a time too! All my friends think I'm weird but now I know I'm not alone! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your never alone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]My bad. I thought you were Hispanic. We have had those as well as pestolillos. I like to use something called adobo in beans and rice.
    I am, I'm Mexican.
    The thing is that there are TONS of different foods in latin america, tons in mexico alone, and tons of different names for the same thing in mexico alone. the northerners call it something, the easterners call it something else, westerners, blah blah.
    lol... we were discussing this in x-mas. My uncle's wife's sister's husband and all of them spent like the whole night talking about those things. "wait wait wait... you call the bullonjuelos bolillos? but bolillos are the things with three folds!" "no they're the ones with two folds!" and so on.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess all those meat & cheese and beans & rice things with floured whatever are just variations of one another. Have you ever heard of adobo as a seasoning?

We lived in Buffalo and the Hispanics there are primarily Puerto Rican. (same with Reading, PA) We lived in what changed from German to Italian to Puerto Rican to PR / Vietnamese area. My wife befriended a young woman from PR and the next thing we knew, we were exchanging cultures, via the food. Trust me, though, we were shown that Mexican is NOT the same as Puerto Rican and NOT the same as Cuban or.... Even the Puerto Ricans in Buffalo had different ways of pronouncing the 'll'! Some say 'Y' and others say 'J'.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast