Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alien planet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh man it was awesome! At the toy studio on friday we got out all the Wayne Barlowe alien/creature books and got ourselves hyped for the premire of the fake-u-mentary that played tonight on Discovery Channel. Electric carnivorous mushrooms, walking hills...

I hope you all got a chance to see it! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YEAH I SAW IT!! AMAZING!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i was going to but a benifit dance to help pay medical bills for a cousin of mine who has cancer took presidence. waiting patiently for a rerun of it. Discovery Channel and Animal Planet have really done well with those types of programs(Dinosaur Planet, The Future Is Wild, the recent Dragon one, ect) which is fiine by me cause i love watching them.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have seen it but I don't have cable or anything. Jsut normal TV

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    interesting but as a whole rather fanciful
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, absolutely fantasy, originally done by one of the best fantasy artists!
    I call these shows "fake-U-mentaries" but that's OK, I'm only interested in the visuals. We have no idea what lies beyond the stars. The things they showed still looked far too earthbound for me to believe they're from a different solar system. I mean we can't even know what plane or dimension the alien planets would even exist in, certainly anything resembling earth creature or resembling parts of earth creatures would be a large improbability. But I just let myself have fun - I wish I had one of those six foot TVs to watch it on!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Discovery planet documentaries like Walking with Prehistoric Animals, Dinosaurs, and all the other Walking-with shows. I've been wanting to see Alien Planet for a while now, but I haven't gotten to it. My favorite Discovery Channel documentary by far has been the one on dragons. I really wish dragons were real, and the ending of it was so sad, I felt like crying. Anyone else saw it?
    Anything good in life is either illegal, immoral, or fattening. ~Pardo.

\"I think we should always make certain we have chocolate. One never knows when it might be necessary.\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (swords @ May 15 2005,4:25)]I mean we can't even know what plane or dimension the alien planets would even exist in, certainly anything resembling earth creature or resembling parts of earth creatures would be a large improbability. But I just let myself have fun - I wish I had one of those six foot TVs to watch it on!
    Only a few elements are useful for 'building' creatures out of structurally. Carbon's ability to be arranged into shapes like buckyballs and such is one of the reasons there's a good chance a lot of life out there would be carbon-based like us. That's an integral similarity already... which could faciliate plenty of other similarities. Similar orientations of their bodies could result from having the same 'up' and 'down' that comes with living on a planet... that's another example. Similar sensory organs could result from only having certain types of information-containing radiation/vibration/whatever available (our eyes developed independently from squid eyes, but we both have eyes, and we live in very different environments). Etc.

Extraterrestrial wouldn't automatically mean absolutely different. I think we're on the verge of discovering bacterial life on Mars, and when we eventually see pictures of it through a microscope, we'd probably think, "Yeah, another bacteria-through-a-microscope picture... so what?" if we didn't happen to read the caption saying where it came from (though whether Earth and Mars have ever exchanged organic matter, I don't know).

Unfortunately I missed the show because I was at someone's house and lost track of time... but I'm sure it'll be on repeatedly for a little while.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast