Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: True - 'global cooling = global cooling'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Scotty, I'm quite a bit less naive and more cynical than you could ever hope to be but.....

Yep. All these scientists are lying. Every last darn one of them. The "global cooling" phenomenon and "global warming" phenomenon are linked. Makes quite a bit of sense, actually. But you won't read that on conservative websites.

We should just go on fouling the air and the earth like nothing's wrong with doing so, right? Industry and profit margin uber Alles, right?

Global warming and cooling ARE natural cycles..and no one I know denies that. They are NOT natural when exacerbated by the reckless activities of human beings. AprilH
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ May 16 2005,3:32)]oh please. That graph you showed us (twice... in the same page) had no scientific value at all. if you think that graph is not propaganda, then... well i'm sorry for you.
    I made those graphs..
    they have my initials on them.
    I thought that would be obvious..
    they arent intended to literally accurate..
    they are intended to make a point, which you have apparently utterly failed to get..
    (or..more likely, are choosing to ignore)

tell me, what is the point of my graph?
    what is it trying to say?

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (aprilh @ May 16 2005,3:35)]Well, Scotty, I'm quite a bit less naive and more cynical than you could ever hope to be but.....

Yep. All these scientists are lying. Every last darn one of them. The "global cooling" phenomenon and "global warming" phenomenon are linked. Makes quite a bit of sense, actually. But you won't read that on conservative websites.

We should just go on fouling the air and the earth like nothing's wrong with doing so, right? Industry and profit margin uber Alles, right?

Global warming and cooling ARE natural cycles..and no one I know denies that. They are NOT natural when exacerbated by the reckless activities of human beings. AprilH
    April,
    im not a conservative,
    and im a rabid environmentalist.

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]the whole global warming myth has nothing to do with the environment anyway..its all political.
    if you dont believe that you are very naive..
    Your side just cares about the oil companies and don't want to reduce pollution and go to other energy sources. My side just cares about the environment and science even though it may be bad for the economy.
    that paper sounds contradictory. first it says:
    Quote[/b] ]For there is not a shred of persuasive evidence that humans have been responsible for increasing global temperatures.
    then it comes back and says:
    Quote[/b] ]It is now about 360 parts per million, vs. 290 at the beginning of the 20th century, Reasonable estimates indicate that it may eventually rise as high as 600 parts per million. This rise probably results from human burning of coal, oil and natural gas, although this is not certain......The observed rise in atmospheric carbon dioxide does correspond with the time of human release and equals about half of the amount released.
    ok... so they first say there's not a shred of evidence and then they say there is... ok?
    Quote[/b] ]Scientists have been able to test it carefully, and it does not hold up. During the past 50 years, as atmospheric carbon dioxide levels have risen, scientists have made precise measurements of atmospheric temperature. These measurements have definitively shown that major atmospheric greenhouse warming of the atmosphere is not occurring and is unlikely ever to occur.
    it's not about the atmospheric temperature, it's about the surface temperature.
    Quote[/b] ]A great deal of research has shown that increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide accelerate the growth rates of plants and also permit plants to grow in drier regions. Animal life, which depends upon plants, also increases.
    right... there we go into ignoring facts. it's always bad to mess with nature, and:
    http://news-service.stanford.edu/news....24.html
    Quote[/b] ]they arent intended to literally accurate..
    they are intended to make a point, which you have apparently utterly failed to get..
    (or..more likely, are choosing to ignore)
    exactly what I said. propaganda (just meant to make a point by not being accurate).

oh... I notice it says "The Wall Street Journal (December 4, 1997)"
    lol.... let' see... what to believe... the newest information or things that are 7+ years old?
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    aw man..that was dissapointing..but expected.
    ignoring questions is par for the course..ah well..

I have been collecting SURFACE temperature data..out in my driveway.
    since February of this year, the weekly average temperature of the surface of my driveway has been increasing dramatically!
    Data for February, March and April shows an undeniable upward warming trend..
    yes, I have data that goes back thousands of years..and yes, the surface temps have gone up and down a lot in that time..thats not the point..
    the point is that for THREE whole months the trend has been steadily upward!
    thats PROOF that human activity is causing global warming!
    really! it is!
    3 months of increase!

when it comes to millions of years of fluctuating global cimates..
    3 months of an upward trend is JUST as statistically meaningless as 300 years of an upward trend..
    using 300 years of a warming climate as "proof" of global warming is just as pointless as using 3 months of my driveway data as "proof" of global warming..
    both trends are equally meaningless..
    thats the point..

Scot

p.s.
    when it comes to oil companies, im on your side.
    I hate them..
    I think we should all go 100% solar/wind/water power..
    I wish the whole world would run out of oil right now.
    yes, im serious.

actually, my supreme wish is for humans to go totally extinct..
    it would be the greatest thing that could happen to life on Earth..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]aw man..that was dissapointing..but expected.
    ignoring questions is par for the course..ah well..
    I can say the same about you.
    Quote[/b] ]3 months of an upward trend is JUST as statistically meaningless as 300 years of an upward trend..
    using 300 years of a warming climate as "proof" of global warming is just as pointless of using 3 months of my driveway data as "proof" of global warming
    again, oh please. apparently you didn't see the graph the first time. I guess you do things to others that would make you understand it better so here it goes:

*cough ignore cough facts cough*

Quote[/b] ].s.
    when it comes to oil companies, im on your side.
    I hate them..
    I think we should all go 100% solar/wind/water power..
    I wish the whole world would run out of oil right now.
    yes, im serious.

actually, my supreme wish is for humans to go totally extinct..
    it would be the greatest thing that could happen to life on Earth..
    great, me too.
    Quote[/b] ]I have been collecting SURFACE temperature data
    it's the surface that matters. we're on the surface.
    (ugh... I edit too much)
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alpha...you're confusing the argument with facts....some aspects of our society don't like facts. They like what they hear on Fox, instead. aprilh
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what I meant by that is that it's ridiculous to compare three months in one place by one person or even three hundred years to a thousand years measured by hundreds of people in many places.
    And I used to think fox was horrible... now I just don't like it all that much. Is it just me or are they obssesed with michael jackson? I mean... every single time i flip the channel there they're talking about the michael jackson trial!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast