Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: True - 'global cooling = global cooling'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scotty..your side is just so off the hook it's not funny. Your side is anti-science. Your side is anti-environment. Your side is pro-ugly-townhouse development. Your side is pro-gas guzzling SUV. Your side is pro-big business.

Why won't you just admit you're a conservative, and and get on with your life? You're a rabid environmentalist like I'm a rabid anti-Semite.
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    look a this. iisk tisk what a shame. ingroup-out group bias run amouk. Such a big difference is not a difference at all. Let me talk to scott, iff he'll let me
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]can I ask originally where you got your graphs from? They're hosted by image shack. Very suspicious if you ask me.
    Sure. Hotlinking direct ti images is not nice to servers, so I don't do it. But I'm sure I can find the link again.

http://www.ghcc.msfc.nasa.gov/MSU/msusci.html
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Besides the other people who have showed skeptisism (sp?),
    Don't take my post the wrong way. I am in the middle on this issue. Just looked like scotty was losing, thaught he needed some data to help him out.
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many times do we mods have to step in and tell you people to lay off the personal attacks? I swear, there are a few of you, that I am just about ready to hit with the axe and be done with! you are involved in every single topic that turns sour.

If you all want to continue this discussion, back off the inferences that one side or the other is an idiot because of their beliefs or politics. Stop generalizing, and lumping every member of a group or belief into the category of 'off the hook' and so on. I mean it. I am sick of it. Be civil, or find a new place to post.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think even more troubling than global warming or cooling is the earth's human population. Through the marvels of modern medicine we've all but eliminated any competition to the human race. As grousome as it may sound, things like influenza, small pox, the plague etc. were very effective natural population controls, not to mention an effective means of natural selection insuring a stronger species in the long run. We now have a medical "fix" for almost everything, causing whatever defective gene that made a certain individual seceptable to a myriad of ills to be passed on from generation to generation. Don't get me wrong, medicine is a fantastic thing especially when it's a relative or close freind whos life is saved by it, but there is a downside to it, and that is the rapid explosion of human population which will eventually reach an unsustainable level on this planet. Ahh, but nature usually has a way of balancing things out, and when that next big meteor stikes and cripples half of the worlds infrastructure and food producing capabillities, a billion people will starve to death. (You have to love nature) [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Don't take my post the wrong way. I am in the middle on this issue.
    don't take my comment the wrong way (yes I know how it sounded... sorry). it's good to be skeptical.

ok... the debate is kind of confusing, but there was a pannel made to settle it and:

Quote[/b] ]In the opinion of the panel, the warming trend in global-mean surface temperature observations during the past 20 years is undoubtedly real and is substantially greater than the average rate of warming during the twentieth century. The disparity between surface and upper air trends in no way invalidates the conclusion that surface temperature has been rising. The recent corrections in the MSU processing algorithms (referred to above) bring the global temperature trend derived from the satellite data into slightly closer alignment with surface temperature trends, but a substantial disparity remains. The various kinds of evidence examined by the panel suggest that the troposphere actually may have warmed much less rapidly than the surface from 1979 into the late 1990s, due both to natural causes (e.g., the sequence of volcanic eruptions that occurred within this particular 20-year period) and human activities (e.g., the cooling of the upper part of the troposphere resulting from ozone depletion in the stratosphere). Regardless of whether the disparity is real, the panel cautions that temperature trends based on data for such short periods of record, with arbitrary start and end points, are not necessarily indicative of the long-term behavior of the climate system.
    http://www.nap.edu/books/0309068916/html (second page of the summary)
    http://www4.nationalacademies.org/news.ns....ocument -another link
    and just in case someone wants to read more about global warming...
    http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/globalwarming.html
    (ha! yeah right...)
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]you all want to continue this discussion, back off the inferences that one side or the other is an idiot because of their beliefs or politics. Stop generalizing, and lumping every member of a group or belief into the category of 'off the hook' and so on. I mean it. I am sick of it. Be civil, or find a new place to post.
    Yah that really upset me here. Implying others the other side is anything is wrong. Rampuppy, that is almost a exact defenition of ingroup-ougroup bias and i agree it needs to stop.

No one should feel alienated or attatked because of their beleifs of because of what side their on.
    that makes no logic

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast