What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ps3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PS3's specifications are very very impressive. Can you say TWO teraflops?

PS3.IGN.com

Although it's specifications are very very impressive the screenshots look blocky. I hope that they're just in early stages of development. Something else that's very impressive is the capacity for Blu-Ray discs which have a capacity 6 times higher than HD DVD discs. Its also bluetooth enabled. Probably the biggest and most impressive of the features is 1080p standard. Every game will be in 1080p (progressive, not interlaced). 2006 will be a very good year.

Gran Turismo Screenshot
WarHawk Screenshot
I hope they tighten up those graphics.

PlayStation 3 Specifications:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
CPU

Cell Processor
PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz
1 VMX vector unit per core
512KB L2 cache
7 x SPE @3.2GHz
7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs
7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE
* 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy
total floating point performance: 218 GFLOPS

GPU

RSX @550MHz
1.8 TFLOPS floating point performance
Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels
Multi-way programmable parallel floating point shader pipelines

Sound

Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell- base processing)

Memory

256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz 256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz

System Bandwidth

Main RAM 25.6GB/s
VRAM 22.4GB/s
RSX 20GB/s (write) + 15GB/s (read)
SB< 2.5GB/s (write) + 2.5GB/s (read)

System Floating Point Performance

2 TFLOPS

Storage

Detachable 2.5" HDD slot x 1

I/O

USB Front x 4, Rear x 2 (USB2.0)
Memory Stick standard/Duo, PRO x 1
SD standard/mini x 1
CompactFlash (Type I, II) x 1

Communication

Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) x 3 (input x 1 + output x 2)
Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g
Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)

Controller

Bluetooth (up to 7)
USB 2.0 (wired)
Wi-Fi (PSP)
Network (over IP)

AV Output

Screen size: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
HDMI: HDMI out x 2
Analog: AV MULTI OUT x 1
Digital audio: DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) x 1

Disc Media

CD PlayStation CD-ROM, PlayStation 2 CD-ROM, CD-DA, CD-DA (ROM), CD-R, CD-RW, SACD, SACD Hybrid (CD layer), SACD HD, DualDisc, DualDisc (audio side), DualDisc (DVD side)
DVD: PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM, PlayStation 3 DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW
Blu-ray Disc: PlayStation 3 BD-ROM, BD-Video, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE

Might want to take a look at those references AE - no links or pics. Your link is in HTML.
~Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (seedjar @ May 17 2005,1:00)]Might want to take a look at those references AE - no links or pics. Your link is in HTML.
~Joe
Thanks
smile.gif

** drool **

My wife will loose me for a week when this new system comes out.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PiranhaPlant @ May 17 2005,2:13)]
aaa.jpg

Check out the awesomeness
Now THATS a real screenshot, not those ones that AE posted that are obviously faked

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Starman @ May 17 2005,12:51)]
Now THATS a real screenshot, not those ones that AE posted that are obviously faked
Oh.  Is that why it's in the latest edition of Time magazine?

the graphics for devil may cry 4 are good, but they are at the first xbox standerd..i mean halo 2 has better graphics than that (im not trying to argue, just stating facts), to me, those screen shots arent very impressive for 2006 ps3 graphics

hey final fantasy buffs..guess what? the new version of final fantasy..its coming out for the new xbox! so dino what was that about xbox not having any good games?

[b said:
[b said:
aaa.jpg

I didn't fake it. It's from the IGN website. Can you lay off? you're really starting to get annoying. Let's grow up a little shall we? i know you're 13 but give it a try.
smile.gif

I still think Xbox is much superior over PS2, and that will never ever change. But this is a new generation, out with the old and in with the new consoles. Xbox 360 is nice... but PS3 is much much nicer. I checked out E3 today (and have been ranting about) how amazing PS3 graphics are. Xbox 360 is a small step but PS3 is definately a giant leap. There are no words to describe the awesome-ness. Finally, the people in playstation got the cell architecture right. It has very impressive features which i won't list because there are too many. Check out the specs and stare at the numbers.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ May 17 2005,9:28)]
[b said:
[b said:
aaa.jpg

I didn't fake it. It's from the IGN website. Can you lay off? you're really starting to get annoying. Let's grow up a little shall we? i know you're 13 but give it a try.  
smile.gif

I still think Xbox is much superior over PS2, and that will never ever change. But this is a new generation, out with the old and in with the new consoles. Xbox 360 is nice... but PS3 is much much nicer. I checked out E3 today (and have been ranting about) how amazing PS3 graphics are. Xbox 360 is a small step but PS3 is definately a giant leap. There are no words to describe the awesome-ness. Finally, the people in playstation got the cell architecture right. It has very impressive features which i won't list because there are too many. Check out the specs and stare at the numbers.
And YOU have been so unbelivably annoying with starting these "Xbox is grea!!!" threads, and saying how its superior to PS
And by the way, Im 14 in 2 weeks
And "only 13" eh?
Well you can talk youre 15 and Im just about 14 now

No, Starman. You're the only one who has been annoying here.

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>SILENCE!</span>

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Any more of this bickering and this thread is LOCKED! Am I clear?</span>

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Starman @ May 18 2005,12:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ May 17 2005,9:28)]
[b said:
[b said:
aaa.jpg

smile.gif

And YOU have been so unbelivably annoying with starting these "Xbox is grea!!!" threads, and saying how its superior to PS
And by the way, Im 14 in 2 weeks
And "only 13" eh?
Well you can talk youre 15 and Im just about 14 now
All the xbox are great threads? I made one, and so what if i did?

Age doesn't really matter Dino, it's really about how you act. You aren't even acting 13 if you ask me. Try to chill and enjoy the new consoles. I'm going to ignore you now.

Did anyone catch the G4TV E3 special on the consoles? They flaunted some awesome PS3 in game shots. I suggest everyone with G4TV check it out at 7 PM Eastern, 4 PM Pacific, today is the second day of the programming.

Hopefully the tv in my parents room has that channel.

When you quote somebody...there is really no need to keep putting the photo in over and over.  Just quote the text you want to refer to.

And will you guys stop saying rude things to each other?  You can make your point without getting personal.  We've had peace for quite a while and I'd like it to stay that way.

Discuss the game...but no rude comments.  Everyone has their opinion.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Age doesn't really matter Dino, it's really about how you act. You aren't even acting 13 if you ask me. Try to chill and enjoy the new consoles. I'm going to ignore you now.

Ok, you were warned. Locked.

AE, Dino, anyone else who is involved...You guys need to learn when NOT to respond to something. Please try and develope that portion of your brain that edits what you type on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back