What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A ? for all the ladys over 21...........

do you freak out when ou get carded? im trying to figure out if this is just a "Darla thing". she got carded buying a bourbon gift pack for a friend of ours when we were out of town this weekend. she tweaked out afterwords. she says she "never got carded in highschool, why in the hell are they carding her at 30?!" the best one though was when she got carded in Canada last year. the drinking age is 18, we were at a convention and she left her purse with her ID up in the room seeing no reason to carry it around in the hotel. we went to have a drink wih some friends and te waiter demanded to see her ID. she said she was 30 and didnt bother to bring it downstairs. well he insisted so she said if the licence said she was 30 he was buying the first dink. he said no problem, there is no way your 30, he bought the drink and she was torqued off for the rest of the night. i was always under the impresion most women didnt mind it but boy does it piss Darla off

Tell her not to get all in a twist. They HAVE to card EVERYONE who looks even REMOTELY under the age of about 1000. ONE LOUSY MISTAKE and they're sued into abject slavery to the "victim" that doesn't know how to control him/herself.

hmmmmm tried that, doesnt help that im 23 and rarely get carded
smile_n_32.gif

Isn't is supposed to be a COMPLEMENT for a lady, anyway?

I always thought most women considered it a compliment..
why wouldnt a 30 year old Woman want to be mistaken for 21 or younger?
seems like it should make her very happy..

like i said that was my understanding.....apperantly Darla doesnt think this way

Back when I tended bar that was a very acceptable way to earn the good graces of an attractive lady.
cool.gif

I chide anyone that DOESNT card me. I look like a real youngster, so shame on them! At the same time, it can be a hassle to get out if it's not in a wallet, so maybe that's why Darla wasn't feeling so darling that night.

it ticks me off when I get carded since Im 35 and theres no way I dont look at least 21. Usually Ill show them my ID and when they think everything is cool Ill take my ID back and tell them Ive changed my mind and leave.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (unknownclown @ May 17 2005,3:20)]it ticks me off when I get carded since Im 35 and theres no way I dont look at least 21. Usually Ill show them my ID and when they think everything is cool Ill take my ID back and tell them Ive changed my mind and leave.
Don't know how old the avatar picture is, but it sure looks mid-20's to me. *ducks and runs*

I was carded at the age of 25 at the entrance of a discotheque. The minimum age for ladies? 18. The bouncer stared VERY hard at me when he saw my ID. I leaned forward and whispered into his ear, "I had plastic surgery.." He nodded and I burst out laughing!

Well, I wore glasses and had the most dated hairstyle on my ID. The look when I was in university. When he saw me, I had very short hair, no glasses and of course, all made up.
smile_r_32.gif
And looked under 18!

...to digress...I was in Florida with my parents when I was 23. When we were almost done with our breakfast, the staff came over to tell us that children under 16 are entitled to free breakfast. We were wondering why he came to tell us that until he pointed to me! lol

Then, at a Japanese restaurant that night, I wanted to order a strawberry daiquiri. I was told by the staff that the legal age for the consumption of alcoholic drinks is 21 (Btw, in Singapore it's 18). Hehehe...I know it's difficult for tell the age of a person of a different race but the lady who told us that was Vietnamese and she couldn't tell that I was at least 21!
smile_m_32.gif

Well, I'll tell anybody about the time I ordered the spaghetti off of the children's menu that I was given and then ordered a beer to go along with it!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wickedthistle @ May 18 2005,5:45)]Well, I'll tell anybody about the time I ordered the spaghetti off of the children's menu that I was given and then ordered a beer to go along with it!
ROFL! I'd love to have seen the reaction to that. LOL

Back