What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody drink coffee?

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I'm not really a coffee drinker, at least as far as requiring caffeine to jumpstart my day. My system either doesn't recognize it or laughs at it.

However, I DO require lots of creamer, preferably Irish Cream or amaretto of some vanilla thing. I am also a latte person, as opposed to an espresso person. It takes more time to doctor it up than to drink it.

How about you?

hehe I actually drink what has been refered to as "liquid coffee candy". usually 2 sugars and creamer in mine (I like that ammaretto or hazelnut creamer stuff with mine)

Steve

I drink my coffee black (my grandfather always told me that I liked my coffee like I liked my women --if he meant cold and bitter he must've been right). I hate sugar and cream. They take away from the flavor. I also love Turkish and Syrian coffee mmmmmmmmm.....

Any coffee, any time!
Cream only, thank you.
Love esspresso & esspresso drinks too. Even esspresso I drink with only limmited sugar.

favorite brand for home is Eight O'clock coffee - whole bean. Usually hazelnut flavor because that's what my wife likes, but all their coffees are great.

I like coffee way too much (two ulcers since 7th grade.) I'll drink it any way it comes, pretty much, but I prefer a mocha with bitter chocolate if I'm buying. Lattes are pretty good too, but I might as well get something kind of sweet if I'm going to wait for it. My favorite, though, is Thai iced coffee... fantastic.
~Joe

I hate coffee.  Loathe the smell of it.  
smile_t_32.gif
 I hate walking past coffee shops in malls with their noxious, stinkiferous odors.  Only one mildly tolerable is hazlenut.

I prefer unsweetend, iced tea with a LOT of ice.  Or hot chocolate for a hot drink.

Oddly enough...I do like coffee ice cream but that is the only coffee flavored thing I like.  (Probably because I can't smell it).  I've never drunk a cup of coffee in my long and winding life.  People's fascination with it puzzles me.

UGH.

I love coffee. Nescafe Gold Blend for me.

The only problem with coffee is when you have to put in one of the horrible UHT milk cartons, or even worse 'whitener'. What the heck is whitener. Reminds me of a pizza I had the other week. The shop said they used 80% mozzerella and 20% 'cheese subsitute'. No wonder it was the worst tasting pizza I've had for a long time.

French Roast. With or without cream or sugar. Can drink it up til bedtime, and still sleep like a log.

I will tell you what "whitener" is.  One of the main ingredients is sodium caseinate...its a highly processed milk derivative....so processed and altered it can no longer be classified as "dairy".  Its used in white PAINT.  It is also used in instant hot chocolate mixes which is why I no longer drink those.  I try to avoid sodium caseinate in products.  That grosses me out.  You're much better off sticking to a splash of cream or milk.  At least its more natural.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Dairy scientists and the Food and Drug Administration agree that these are non-dairy creamers because the caseinate has been so altered it can no longer be considered dairy.
smile_t_32.gif

I don't drink coffee, but I like chewing coffee beans.
How is caseinate altered to make it so nasty?

I buy whatever good brand is on sale. Right now I'm drinking Peet's Major Dickason's blend--rich and complex. I make it in a Krups drip coffee maker that we received as a wedding gift 16 years ago! I use a piece of paper towel instead of a filter (say cheap, cheap). And I only drink it black.

I only drink black coffee and mostly dark roasts.  But not heinous things like French Roast.

We do that leftwing free trade coffee thang and buy our coffee from a roaster (at risk of plugging non-CP commerce, it's http://www.newharvestcoffee.com).  I split an order of 12 - 1 lb bags with people from work and, with shipping and the bulk discount, it ends up ~$7 per lb.  We have an old hand mill from eBay and it's definitely the way to go.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ May 19 2005,2:13)]I hate coffee.  Loathe the smell of it.  
smile_t_32.gif
  I hate walking past coffee shops in malls with their noxious, stinkiferous odors.  Only one mildly tolerable is hazlenut.

I prefer unsweetend, iced tea with a LOT of ice.  Or hot chocolate for a hot drink.

Oddly enough...I do like coffee ice cream but that is the only coffee flavored thing I like.  (Probably because I can't smell it).  I've never drunk a cup of coffee in my long and winding life.  People's fascination with it puzzles me.

UGH.
I find you response humorous! I am fond of the smell, but the taste of black coffee is horrible.

The "coffee nazi" says, "No coffee for you!"
smile_m_32.gif

Does sodium caseinate have any harmful effects on the body?

Coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee, yum yum. It is the blood of officers everywhere. Now I have to make a pot.

Would you like doughnuts to go with that?
smile_m_32.gif
laugh.gif

I've tried coffee beffore, and i truthfully think it tastes like hot turds in water. In other words, i don't like it.

"I like my sugar with coffee and cream" - Beastie Boys.

But really, I don't really like the stuff because it's too strong and bitter. Closest I'd get to the typical coffee with "stuff" added in is some good Earl Grey tea with nondairy creamer ('cause I'm sorta lactose intolerant) and sugar or honey.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ May 20 2005,12:21)]Would you like doughnuts to go with that?  
smile_m_32.gif
laugh.gif
Your thinking of the old time coppers. Pizza is the thing now!

i like dropping into starbucks for a mocha frappuchino every now and then i don't know what they put it in but its awesome.

Back