Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boardgames

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that we have video games and all kinds of online stuff, does anybody still good old-fashioned boardgames?

My favorite is Scrabble. followed by Boggle, chess, Monopoly, and Broadside.

What about you?

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't play too many board games, certainly not many of the 'classic' games owned by Milton and Bradley and whoever else makes board games. I love Scrabble and Scatergories (sp?) but I feel like a lot of new board games are pretty derivative. I like the traditional board games, though, like go, mancala, chess, checkers variants, etc.
    I'm also a huge nerd, and I play the Magic: the Gathering card game (or I did until Hasbro bought them) and RoboRally, a board game by the guy who created Magic. Traditional card games are pretty cool too, but I can never remember the rules for most games and I suck at poker. Videogames are really my thing.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I lived in Bosnia, these were very popular in my family(and I am guessing they are popular in the rest of Bosnia) because not that many people have a game console or PC(I didnt know anyone who had a PC)
    Frustration was a very popular one to play when I was living there, as well as many styles of card games.
    I played at least one of these nearly every day with my grandad and sometimes my grandma [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some card games. But I do play Victoyr in the Pacific, Harpoon occasionally (you need calc. for that. Dang Falkland Islands war), Tactics 2 and some others. Actually most of the ones I play are the same as computer games now but on a board so you need more effort. Neat huh?

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always liked board games but I don't know anyone else who does.

Childhood favorites were Mousetrap, Monopoly and Candy Land. I also liked Risk when I was older...and chess and checkers. Yahtzee was fun too. And I was pretty good at canasta.

OH and CARROM! I loved that game! Still have a carrom board. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh man, how could I have forgotten Mousetrap? I never had it myself, but whenever I went to play with one of my friends that did have it, all I wanted to do was play Mousetrap. I used to play Candy Land all of the time when I was too young to understand more adult games... but I remember the very moment when I realised that Candy Land was just moving in a single line in random increments (I guess the bridges do add a little decision making.) My friend Andrea cried because I stopped playing halfway through and told her it was a stupid game. I really just wanted to play a game that involved strategy, but boy, was she ever mad at me. Ah, memories...
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like othello, chess, and scrabble. I usually only play them online though. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah...Scrabble! I left that one out. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] I always wanted the game Operation. A friend had it but I never did.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast