What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you live in the

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I've lived in all three. Where have you lived?

I grew up in the country (or hills) of Virginia right smack in the middle of the Shenadoah Valley. I moved away when I was 18 and live in Orlando for 5 years. Then I moved to Columbus, Ohio (I was expecting a cowtown but I discovered that Columbus is actually a hopping city). Now, I'm stuck in New Haven, Connecticut (a small town that thinks it's a city).

I kind of live in the countryside.........just a little further away from here is city exit(virtually down the road)

I grew up right on the line between county and city...but basically it was more county like than city (not many houses).  I grew up running amuk in the woods, swinging on vines, splashing in creeks hunting for crayfish and tadpole eggs, and attracting ticks and chiggers.

Now I live in the city.  I like both.  I like city convenience with quick access to the countryside.  I wouldn't mind living out in the country as long as I wasn't too far from civilization.  I'm a country girl at heart who enjoys the advantages of a city.

You haven't lived until you've sucked honeysuckle, picked wild blackberries, dug for ant lions, and drunk cold chocolate milk from a bottle up in your tree house while you munch a peanut butter sandwich...

Jim...do you stay up nights trying to think up these questions?
laugh.gif

Suburbs. *bangs head against fence repeatedly*

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ May 19 2005,5:15)]Jim...do you stay up nights trying to think up these questions?  
laugh.gif
This is definitely a quote Suzanne day! Yup, I do! I gotta get a life outside of TF. Hey, I posted a CP-oriented one, too. It got a whopping one response. The fun topics much better.
confused.gif

Suburbs, but the country is about a half mile away. (Dad's house)
Suburbs, (mom's house).

I have lived in all three. I will remain in the small city, thank you. I served my time in a large one.

I live in my own little world (ask my sister).

Semi-rural suburban area...when the farmer manures his fields, I can sure smell it, I'm less than a 1/4 mile away.

I guess I'm in the suburbs.

Scott,
Do you need help getting a life?
Want to meet up at Centerville again for lunch and a That Fish Place visit?

I also live in my own little world. Alone. Bored. With no life whatsoever.

FTG...Reading books (not that you don't) helps with the boredness/no life angle. Your social life will improve once you start college, if you would like it to. Hang in there.

I read (currently reading the Bible, Area 51: The Sphinx and America (The Book) simultaneously), but I can only read for so long before my brain goes numb. Plus, reading is still in the house and still having no life, basically. My grandparents make sure I never leave the house unless it's with them to the store or horseback riding every three weeks, and I can't even ride my freaking bike past this street.

rural suburbs. Nice neihborhood nestled into the woods...just under 1/4 mile up the road is a nice large pond w/ geese, ducks & other critters....Had a fox in the yard the other day...

BUT I'm 3 minutes from a major artery in Northern Westchest (rt. 684) which will take you straight to White Plains (city) in about 20 minutes, or you can opt for Mt. Kisco, which is true suburbia (large town).

I live in all three at once. I'm in the suburbs, near a national forest. But some would call it a city, because it has 100,000 people.

in florida I lived in the suburbs, in arkansas I lived in the country, and here in colorado I live in the city

Back