User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Star wars iii

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i watched it TWICE and it was totally awesome!
    somehow, after the movie, i felt very depressed. Any one else experience this 'star wars depression'?

AND any1 think episode 7 will come out? it might come out as a surprise!
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

The stock boy replied: \"No ma'am, they're dead\"

Msn/email - wezx1@hotmail.com

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't seen it yet, but the end of movies all tend to depress me a little. I get too attached to fantasy worlds. It's worse with books and videogames. I cried when I finished Chrono Trigger on the SNES. :P
    biggun, I'd tend to agree with you on Lucas' latest stylings... it doesn't feel like Star Wars any more. It adheres to the story, but I don't know... After eps one and two I'm reluctant to see this one on my own dime. Lucas has enough of my money.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The phrase "You're either with us, or against us" which you imporperly qouted from the movie (as poitned out above) is pretty much as old as time. It' snot a GWB qoute, it's a qoute GWB took from the person who said it before him, and that person the person before him, and so on back through history.

Biggun, you think I am an evil person from the darkside because I am a republican? That smacks of tossing me into your general conception of the party, something I think we have been pretty about lately as mods on this forum. consider that a friendly tap on the shoulder, from this big bad nasty republican sith lord. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] (truly I say that with all humor! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

And as far post-starwars depression... sigh.. yes... I felt it... I was very sad when the jedi were being killed, the sense of betrayel and 'oh' that went through their mind was palpable. And it saddened me that so few even got to put of their own fight... Alia Secura didn't even get to draw her lightsabre...

I noticed quite a few things in the movie that I would love to discuss, but I am afraid it will spoil the moment for others (let's be realistic, we all know what is going to happen, but the specifics of it can be great fun.)

What can I say without spoiling... hmmm...

Well, I will try to be non-spoilish, but if you don't want to take the risk, don't continue reading:

Everyone notice Obi wan pick up anakins light sabre before leaving?
    In the 'pivotal moment' of the movie, as anakins thoughts darken, the sun sets, and when he makes his first act of betrayel, it is night, could one say 'the sun set on Anakin Skywalker?"
    Wookie doing a Tarzan yell?
    Anyone catch the parralell between greivous and vader?
    anyone catch the foreshadowing of a much later battle in the opening sequence with count duku?

Fun Fact "I have a bad feeling about this" is uttered in every single star wars movie. Do you know who said it where in which movie?

there is so much more there as well, there were a lot of easter eggs for a star wars fan.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ram,

It was a joke. Republicans have many "issues" but religion, space knights, myths and mysticism from a California boy reading Joseph Campbell is not one of them. Delay is just a run-of-the-mill Texas boy with power. Politics are real; not a movie.

Bobby

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As to episode 7- it has been strongly hinted at, but Lucas may not have enough time left to finish them (although Sam Raimi could make a pretty cool SW fiml is given the budget and the chance IMO)
    The live-action TV series IS confirmed officially, as is a new animated series- I mention this cos it should help with the post SW depression (halfway through my first viewing I distinctly realized "this is the last of star wars")
    A series, done right, could provide MUCH more star wars over the next few years then we've yet seen (I don't THINK Lucas will stick to his habit and release on episode every 3 years- if he does, the reruns would get old real durn quick)

RAMpuppy- is the "foreshadowing" you're mentioning a refererence to ROTJ The "throne room" on the ship is nearly identical to the one from that film

Can't recall who said the "line" this time, I know it had to be one of 2 people but can't remember which

Fun film, really "heavy" in a lot of ways (I like how even Lucas' kids weren't safe from the destruction..... that bit kinda surprised me)
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]"Either you're with me, or you're my enemy."
    Sounds like anything you've heard before? Yes Ram is right, Bush did say something similar to that - that's how George got the "politics" into the movie. It sort of highlights the decline of democracy under the Bush regime, I think. So, is Bush the jedi or the sith? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]"I have a bad feeling about this" is uttered in every single star wars movie. Do you know who said it where in which movie?
    Sweet! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img] I can't recall now - too tired, but I sure have heard it uttered at least a few times. Always the old 'master' who says it huh? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Jason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I remember C3-P0 saying it...........was it in Return of the Jedi?
    The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Obi-wan said it on more than one occasion.

As for the movie, I thought it was great but is not as good as the originals. Yoda is the greatest creature that George Lucas ever made!!!! As for Jar-Jar, he was ok but by far the worst creature ever made by Lucas.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast