Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Star wars iii

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I have a really bad feeling about this."

Han Solo says it repeatedly throughout the series. Luke says it a couple times, Leia says it at least once in Empire Strikes Back. Lando says it in ROJ ect ect...

Lucas is a big fan of that kind of familliar repetition in his movies. If you watch the directors commentary on the dvd's he explains that (interestingly enough, more than once lol)

Now for some criticisms of my own.

In ROJ, Luke asks Leia about her "real" mother. Leia replies that she has few memories, "images really, feelings".. I find it very unlikely that anyone has any memories whatsoever about the day they were born, let alone a complex thing like "she was kind, but sad.."

Next, The Wookie homeworld of Kashyyk is supposed to be made up of ultra-tall Woorshyr trees. These trees are supposed to be MILES tall. Tall enough that you cant see the ground below. The Wookies are supposed to live in very modern cities in the upper branches of the trees. The short scene in this movie showed a couple little trees with Ewok like huts built into them. Doesnt fit with what Wookies are supposed to be. Oh and as for the Tarzan yell.. dont forget that Chewbacca did that in ROJ also

Finally, It took 17 years to build the Death Star? The framework was under construction at the time of Luke and Leia's birth, but was not yet operational at the beginning of A New Hope. Grand Moff Tarkin says it himself in the film: "Lord Vader has promised to return the stolen plans by the time this station is operational..."

I still loved the film. I will definately be seeing it again this summer. Of all the prequals this one was by far the most action packed. The lightsaber duels were awesome, although Lucas STILL hasnt figured out yet to wipe the dang shadow from the prop saber blades off the floors. A blade made of pure light would not cast a shadow lol.

Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm waiting for everybody and their cousin to get their fill, so I can see it in peace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow Steve......now that's an in-depth look at it. I never thought about the lightsabers not casting shadows.
    The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard this, thought it was funny: a popular drinking game is to watch Star Wars and everytime Luke whines, you have to drink. You are drunk before the movie is over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Much whining in him, just like his father
    Yoda said that about Luke in Return of the Jedi, I think. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Nah, actually it was 'anger' or something like that... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phantom Menace - Obi Wan Kenobi - Conference room on Droid Control Ship
    Attack of The Clones - Anakin while tied up in the battle arena
    Revenge of The Sith - OBi Wan, can't remember when though.

A New Hope - Luke Skywalker, trash compactor
    Empire Strikes Back- Princess Lea in the asteroid monsters belly
    Return of The Jedi - Han Solon trussed up for ewok dinner

\"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh, and yes, the throne room was ONE of the things I was talking about. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    greivous was? and Ram I did not get your 2nd to last post. I obvioulsy need to see it again. While I was there (whihc was only a couple days after it cames out) Some one had a shirt with numbers on it. At first I could not firgure out what they were for. Turns out he had already seen it 13 times [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]

The best part was the battle where Anakin gets wipped by Obi who says "don't try it". Loved teh emperors explination of what happened to Padme also [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast