User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: Auction to be reopened! - Please make a choice on the time

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd like to see the auction close tonite, May 22nd, at midnite as previously scheduled

11 52.38%
  • I'd like to see the auction run until Monday, May 23rd at midnite.

10 47.62%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Auction to be reopened!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (RL7836 @ May 22 2005,12:15)]While I've got to admit that watching my Drool Indicator get pegged off the scale every time I enter a post where JBL is bidding has been very entertaining [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img] >;-D ,
    Hey now! I do feel like I'm in the dentist office waiting for the drill to re-start--rinse and spit, rinse and spit. But, I too have many plants to ship, some of which are in full bloom now. Remember, I'm not just a bidder, I'm also a donator. Those who win items from me will be very pleased with size, quality, I hope--IMHO.

End it now, please--put me out of my misery... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_o_32.gif[/img] that's me resting in peace!!
    My chicken legs taste like chicken--only less meaty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with where Tony is going with this. If I was told by a store that my coupon for a free ice cream for my kid was good until Sunday, and then I show up Sunday to get my free ice cream for my kid and they say, "Sorry we made a mistake." It was only valid thru Saturday." I would be upset and so would my kid! I would expect the store to honor their original agreement. I realize this auction is for a worthy cause and if some of us didn't get the chance to bid on Sunday, it wouldn't be the end of the world. (Well...maybe for me!) But it seems to me that it could easily be fixed by just extending the auction thru Monday evening 9pm central or something like that. That way we don't have to stay up late, and the auction would extend roughly another 24 hours anyway. I think that would be a just compromise.

Joel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, reopen...I still need to snipe some ham.
    \"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.\" - EInstein

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol Tweek. OK...point well taken that it doesn't have to close so late. I agree. But please bear in mind that Phil has to do this manually so its up to him with exact times as to when he can get to the computer to do this.

So far its running pretty evenly as to which day. Perhaps extending it one day with an earlier closing time would suit the most people.

I am so sorry for this confusion. I'm no happier about it than anyone else. Everything else is going wrong so this just adds to the pile. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think you need to get your terminology in order. midnight is considered the morning. so if you say Monday, May 23rd at midnight (central standard time), that would be in about 11.5 hours from the time i post this message. if you want it to go until monday night, then i would say 11:59 pm, monday May 23rd. i apologize if someone already brought this up, i just got off working my 12 hour night shift and can barely keep my eyes open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The auction forum is open, but is the auction?

I was under the impression it ended Sunday night.

PAK posted, "...through Sunday...."
    \"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.\" - EInstein

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is open. So go and bid [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everybody makes mistakes! Thanks for all the hard work PAK. You too Ozzy.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast