Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Auction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think it went off quite well, so what if there was a slight mix up, thats life.

another good point of the auction, it seems to have drawn in a few new members. i have chatted with acouple of them to a limited extent. i think the advertising done by some of the members here did alot of good.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    over paid? LOL! last year i bid i think $36 on a plug of U. paulinea(which i didnt win, i think it went for $45), a plug i could have purchased from Tony for $15 heck i could have got 2 different clones for what i bid. deals werent the point of the auction
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All in all I think this is a great forum with a lot of useful information from people with years of experience.

CAPSLOCK...it is not arrogance or ungratefulness, which I'm not sure why I would be either having entered into the auction knowing I would probably overpay but for a good cause. I'm merely stating my experience in the "Discussion" forum. It's OK to disagree with people...that's life[I], so just relax.

Good effort. Just consider my comments constructive feedback.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Understood Rattler. As I said, I knew I was going to overpay and I'm totally fine with it because I support the cause. With that said, I'm just a little disappointed with the rule changes towards the end. I've just never seen that done with an auction before nor can you expect people to stay online for 24 hours in case you decide to extend it or cut it short, or whatever.

Guys look, I may have come off a little aggressive and I apologize, but you really can't see my point at all? I know the charity would have made more money from me.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    SRiannaJr, I can see where you may be a tad dissapointed in not being there to snipe at the end of the auction. (Or to confirm your bid is safe from snipers) All you can do is place a bid that you hope is big enough to win.
    Sorry you didn't win. But, i don't see how having it a day shorter would have brought in more money. The point is, this whole thing appears to have brought in alot of good monies. Hopefully you can maybe aquire the plant you want so bad by offering a trade in the trade forum?
    Good luck and good growing,
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Andrew,

It's fine. I'll get the plant either way, I just thought it would have been better if the money went to charity. The difference that it would have made was that I had the high bid and was willing to bid more if I had to and the auction ended (supposedly).

Anyway, let's move on, it's all good. Thanks Andrew for not getting defensive. Like I said, I hope alot of money was raised and they're able to do some good with it.

Steve

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do apologize for the problem with the ending the time but it was just a mistake. The extension was to try to make it up to people who got cut out of bidding time. The auction time change was "advertised" in at least 3-4 places. That's all we could do...we can't PM every single member involved in the auction.

The one thing about a mistake is that you learn from it. Next year we will make sure the ending time is not confusing AND we will probably end it earlier in the evening so folks don't have to stay up too late. Hopefully that will avoid any similar problems in the future.

I thank everyone who participated...from listers, to bidders, to winners. Every person made his or her contributions to a great cause.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THANK YOU PAK for all you've done. I say three cheers for PAK!! All who agree, chime in with your comments. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    My chicken legs taste like chicken--only less meaty.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast