Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dedicated or just nuts?

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hehe, just the other day I asked somebody to hold long-distance so I could move my Sarracenia into the greenhouse when a windstorm started to kick up. Not quite as time consuming as filling 24 jugs of water, but pretty rude in the scheme of things :)
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you gotta be nuts when you have CPs stacked on top oc CPs stacked on top of CPs and other plants on your windowsill so that it takes up half the view.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]you gotta be nuts when you have CPs stacked on top oc CPs stacked on top of CPs and other plants on your windowsill so that it takes up half the view.
    lol! I hear you on that, and it's only gonna get worse! I totally have a hard time getting on to the deck from my room because there's a tank of plants sitting right there with even more plants on top of it- good thing I have long legs. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] Furthermore, at least we're all nuts together. If I ever wake up and it's raining, I pull my butt out of bed (school tomorrow or not!), step over aforementioned inconveniently placed plants, go out if the chill and move my plants closer to the roof so that they don't get too beat up and empty containers out more to collect water.

...Does anyone else talk to their plants?... I'm sure at least some of you do! Either that or I'm a whole different kind of crazy. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no.. i don't talk to them.

i fuss at them sometimes though. and sing "grow for me!" from little shop of horrors....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol. I talk to my pets (duh... you're the nut if you don't), my computer (I yell at it :P), and myself but not my plants :P
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, does watching them grow during dormancy count? I am always looking for new ways to make room for plants... I also spend money that I don't have on plants. How many of you are "in the hole" because of this auction? LOL

I fuss at mine alllllll the time, "GROW GROW GROW!!!!!!" I also sing the death chant to the insects that they eat...

I might be considered a little off by the fact that I have a branching dew as a center piece on my porch...

Hmm as for the computer.... I've had more than my fair share of verbal assault... I'm just glad that they can't talk back. As for your computer problems... a simple solution (Stress relief)
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I usually let them take the rain unless it's really pouring, and I always yell at people when my rain-catching jug out front gets moved from between the two rocks that otherwise hold it in place. And what REALLY makes me mad is that my grandmother to this day doesn't take my word for the truth when a CP issue arrises. I KNOW my outdoor plants need dormancy, but she is determined they don't and that I'm wrong and everybody on here is lying and her logic outweighs every CP expert's opinion. It's really none of her business, so I don't know why she cares.. another time, when my S. minor had scale, we went to Rockledge Gardens to see if they had anything I could use, which was her idea.. I intended to go to Lowe's and get Orthene, like you guys said. I told her what y'all said about Orthene, but she still insisted on going to the garden place and asking this random dude that worked there what we should use. He said Pyrethrin, because it was organic and good for sensitive plants. Sounded good to me, and I got it, but I still intended to go to Lowe's and get Orthene just in case. Then we got in an argument because I wanted to go to Lowe's and get the Orthene, and she kept saying the Pyrethrin would be fine because the dude said it was fine for them, and I kept asking her why the hell she trusts a random dude's opinion over MINE and over the opinion of EXPERTS on here. And that's exactly what she does.. she totally discounts ANYONE on the Internet, no matter how many times I say, "There are people on there who have grown these plants for YEARS and are total EXPERTS." But nooo, her thinking and the thinking of dipwads at garden centers who've never seen a CP should be trusted much more highly _
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Est,
    Sorry. I will not be able to send the nep cuttings you won on the auction. You sound way to messed up to keep these plants..... talk to them??!! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Maybe we can get a group rate. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

This is a picture of my happy water rack. All full jugs.

And speaking of plants on top of plants. Some have moved outside, but have a bunch to go. Usually this table is almost empty. The weather here still is dropping a bit to cold for me to place some of them out there yet.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast