Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dedicated or just nuts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced the metal downspout in my back yard with a plastic tube, and it empties into a 55-gallon covered garbage can.

For the first year, before I had too many plants, i collected rainwater in 5-gallon pails, and filled on gallon jugs from them.

But that was time-consuming, and required positive action on my part. The 55-gallon can works great now, although i still will arrange 5-gallon pails to collect more water and fill as many one-gallon jugs as is convenient, especially now that my collection has grown. I find I am running out of rainwater, even with the 55-gallon can.

I may need to set up a second one.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to be able to set up a large drum to collect water, but I can not were I currently live.
    Hopefully after Sat night and hitting the 215 million Powerball all that will change............I love to dream, with everyone else.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'v e got that "gravy train" of a lab for my DI water - at least for now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Alpha you have a view? I have not seen out of my window fo a few years now.
    yeah, I'm too short to put plants all the way up there block out all of the window [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well SS you have me beat. I can't set up a 55 gallon either. I'm glad there is only one car in the garage [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey stay away from my powerball winnings..
    Agh, I don't think I'm nuts. My neighbors might tho..
    I will just sit at the picnic table watching the plants grow.. and picking the helicopters from the maple tree out of the pots. Misting them. Sticking little bugs on the dews.
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow Gawd I usually run a few laps around the plants then slowly cicle them check every one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well yeah once my growlist gets so long I have to take a break while scrolling down the page I'll have to do laps too.
    Mine all fit nicely on a picinic table (with room for more yet) so I can just sit.
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast