What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dedicated or just nuts?

• Thread starter elgecko
  • Start date
not true. there's wind resistance.
FTG, you seriously need to consider looking through snopes :p

<censored>

LOL. or maybe watch "mythbusters" in the discovery channel. roflmao

Well, I KNOW the increasing-gravitational-pull thing is true.

yep, just not the empire state building thing.
many times we forget the existance of air
blues.gif
(or other variables present)

Yes FTG but do you know the formula to prove that?
g = (Gm(1)m(2))/d^2
in long hand: gravity is equal to the constant G times mass 1 times mass 2 all over the distance squared. Although everything has a terminal (maximum) velocity so it cannot go faster after it hits this.

Alpha its not so much that the air exists it is more like the friction the air causes. Granted this is not very much but if you compressed the marshmellow it would fall at a higher speed. Fortunaltly the density is not enough to kill someone unless you compressed it a lot but then you would nto be able to see it and it would float freely around as a particle. A heavy partical though. A quarter on the other hand
smile_k_ani_32.gif

well, of course it's the friction but without air existing there would be no friction :p
the marshmallow wouldn't float freely around as a particle because it's too heavy. The more you compress it, the faster it would fall. If you expanded it, the slower it would fall. even an uncompressed marshmallow doesn't float, let alone a compressed one.

No but through things moving it would "float" around until you know it eventually became part of a rock or was destroyed or something. I was attempting to use float figuritivly.

No, Tre, I did not know the formula, but I knew the rule.

Back