What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So, when do you like to check out tf?

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Generally speaking, I will hop on the computer and look over new oosts overnight while I get ready for work. Then, while I'm at work, I will login (and not do anything until I can catch a break) and see what has transpired since this morning. After work (4 pm) is when I do my heaviest TF activity, until around 6 pm. Then I head home. After that, it's hit or miss as to whether I wrest the pc away from the rest of the family - like last night.

I came home and all but my oldest son was home. He promptly told me he needed a ride to his evening class. I got home and the rest of the family arrives with groceries. But before I could do anything, my wife gets on the computer. She gets done and my daughter needs it for a school paper. By then it's too late to do anything.

How about you?

varries but generally i check it out when i get to work in the morning while i eat my breakfast. i check it again at lunch and generally before quiting time(i love my job). i check it periodically through the day if im at my desk. i will check in at night if i take my laptop home and can wrestle it away from Darla

Hm. No one interested in this thread? Well, I usually check TF after I get home from school around 4 pm, and then I check it again at nighttime, before I go to bed.

I'll usually take a look sometime before I go to bed, but it varies greatly with what I'm doing that day. On nights when I go to parties or am otherwise out of the house for the evening, I usually don't check TF at all. In the afternoon, I'll usually log on and do a little reading after I get home from school, as a way of putting off my homework. Whenever I'm doing something tedious on the computer (I'm a comp. sci. major so that's most of the time) I usually have TF open in the background as an occasional diversion.
~Joe

Pretty much the same as rattler. I'll check it during the moring while I drink my coffee. Then it depends on the work load and what I've got going on.

I tab browse... so PFT is always open on a tab on my comp...

I like to check TF (and other forums like The Clubhouse sculptors forum) first thing in the morning then before work (at the mailing place) or at work (at the toy studio),. Then when I'm at home supposedly "honing my sculpting skills" the forums are a nice way to avoid those responsiilities!
smile_n_32.gif

Hm, this is a good question! On rare occasion I get to check in the morning before school (7:00ish, late ride,) I'll check again if I'm in the library at lunch, and then when I get home (3:00ish) I'll see what's new and maybe make some posts, then at night is usually my heaviest usage, anywhere from 9:00 to 11:00 on a schoolnight. Wow, that's a runon...
laugh.gif
You guys here always have something odd, interesting, or funny (I'm looking at you JimScott) to share. Not to mention, there's always something new to learn!

I check it during the day, at work, when I can sneak it in. I'm kept on a pretty short leash there. After I get home from the hell-mouth, I switch between my e-mail and PFT.

I wake up in the afternoon and check to see what going on... i don't have time to check in at work but I usually see what has been going on when I get home from work around 2am.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Est @ May 24 2005,7:56)]You guys here always have something odd, interesting, or funny (I'm looking at you JimScott) to share.  Not to mention, there's always something new to learn!
I'll take that as a compliment. Thanks.

Yes, (looking very directly at Jimscott), I seem to remember all kinds of wierd topics, "anybody drink coffee?", "When do you like to check out tf", "What kind of cheese do you like?" popping up. Total waste of space, but dang funny nonetheless.
smile_m_32.gif

Oh yeah, I check TF anytime I am on my computer, (ie. every 5 minutes), I always have a window open on it...especially good for the last minutes of an auction...
biggrin.gif

Jason

Jason, you forgot about the chewing gum in Singapore topic!
smile_n_32.gif

Oh, sure. Jim. A free cane with every pack!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ May 25 2005,7:59)]Oh, sure. Jim. A free cane with every pack!!
ROTFLMAO

But the genius behind JS postings is we learn about each others character. Plus look at the number of views, and posts to a frivilous topic as to a serious one. NASC fourm comes to mind.

Well, I usually get on here during the afternoon and spend hours trying to catch up on the whole entire board.. I never really get past General Discussions more than once or twice a month, though.

I thank jimscotscoot for constantly posting survey topics that are actually NOT going to eventually be held responsible for insighting a riot.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Generally speaking, I will hop on the computer and look over new oosts overnight while I get ready for work.
Yeah, those oosts...

I check the "new" posts in the afternoon usually

I usually get on right after work (~4:15) and spend the next 3+ hours reading all the new posts. Longer if the Nep nuts have been posting pics. Takes forever for those to download over a dialup connection.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]the hell-mouth
Hey that's from my favorite show. To bads it's not on till 1:00 am Saturdays and Sundays. I'll just have to buy the other two seasons on DVD
smile_m_32.gif

Well 1:00 am for those of us who don't have Spike TV

Back