What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My green house in 3d  NOW EASIER

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
This may be easy for some of you. And impossible for others... What you need to do is cross your eyes so you see 3 blury images. Then concentrate on making the middle one clear. And you will see my green house in 3d!! good luck.
Andrew
EDIT: there is a smaller version of this picture lower in the thread

3d.jpg

that is so cool!! just so everyone knows it works best if you put your nose on the monitor and then cross your eyes

LOL i tried it that way and can't get it to work at all.. i do it at about 1 ft away. but then again, my screen desktop is set extreamly large... so that might matter...

caaant doooo itttt.........heeeeaddddd huuuurrrts........ahhhhhh!!

Agh, that's a terrible thing to try to do when you already have a headache. Nice pic (pics?) though!
~Joe

Can you make the pic small enough so the whole thing fits on the monitor? I only see about 1/2 of each one and that makes it impossible to see it in 3D.

Sorry, I even mentioned that I had a large desktop and didn't even think about it. Here is a smaller version for you guys...
Andrew

3d50.jpg

Both images have been replaced with an easier image to do. If you already been here, make sure to refresh your sceen to see new images... Sorry to you guys that already tried it... This is my first time making one. But i've been viewing them for long time, so i'm able to do the "hard" ones. good luck!
Andrew

It can be easier if you put a piece of cardboard down the center and then upto your nose. We did this with airphotos at school.

Gawd, that is a different style. It wouldn't work with this set up. With this set up, the right view is put on the left and the left on the right. When you cross your eyes, your right looks at the right picture (on the left) and the left eye at the left photo (on the right) The style you are talking about is called parallel viewing. or when you look at infinity instead of crossing your eyes. in this the right is on the right and left on the left)
Andrew

Ohhhhhhhhh, pain!  I tried it every imaginable way and I think my eyes were  stuck in the middle and about ready to fall out of my head.

Here's a no fail approach to seeing a 3d image...
Size his double image to that of the stereo cards of the Victorian era. Now print it off. Now cut out the images and sticky glue them to a piece of cardboard. Pop that in your handy dandy stereo viewer and voila! It works. Guess what we collect over here?  Yup, antiques.

Gahhh! Can't do it. Do you think it matteres that I'm a lefty and therefore tend to use my left eye to focus instead of my right?
smile_m_32.gif

That's really cool! The smaller images are much easier to focus quickly, but I managed at about 2' with the larger ones. Thanks for sharing!

How did you do that? Just move the camera a bit after taking the first picture?

It works! I made one of my lovely computer area, complete with 1980's surge protector that "still works just fine" according to mom. I hate my mom.

left6xm.jpg

Here's a little exercise for you to help you get started. Hold your two index fingers up in front of your eyes, perfectly side-by-side with about two inches between them. Manually force your eyes to cross, so that both of your index fingers form a slightly 3d finger inbetween both of them. If you can do that successfully, try it on the parallel images, and it'll work! You can also try practicing making the keys in your keyboard visually "interlock".

Cool Mannex17 glad you were able to get it to work and make your own. (i assume you've made one before?) I like the glass of water there... It really looks cool in the 3d! I'm thinking about getting a close up of my vfts or sarras in a group and do this. I bet that would be cool. hehe
Andrew

I can't see it,I've never been able to do this...but it sure isn't stupid and pointless Flip_Side_The_Pint!
confused.gif
*Niki*

Back