Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is so funny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that the joke has been killed, who feels like kicking it a few times for good measure?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should we drop kick or just normal [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To end the argument: Eggs are considered one "cell" but it all depends. The yolk of the egg is ovum (the yolk is the actual cell, the white is just there for energy). The egg is fertilized inside the chicken before the white and the shell are added. In that EXACT moment it is considered one cell but by the time the whites have been added (and the shell) and the eggs is layed, the egg has already divided into millions of cells.

Yes the egg is one cell. No it isn't one cell.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (seedjar @ May 25 2005,5:45)]LOL, that's great. For some reason, when I read that, I imagine John Madden's voice.
    ~Joe
    no way!

hahah me too I was reading that pictureing Frank caliendo protraying Madden saying that.... HAHAHAH

good times...
    https://www.instagram.com/hull.jess/ (I post pics of my plants there)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh yea the yolk is the energy.... the white is there to act as suspension fluid.
    https://www.instagram.com/hull.jess/ (I post pics of my plants there)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh jeez no one can post a joke here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    of course, the chicken eggs we eat are only one cell since they haven't been fertilized.
    That also doesn't settle the argument of wether the egg that hasn't been fertilized yet has only one nucleus or many.
    I don't get it... ok... eggs are big (chicken eggs or ostrich or whatever), so if some amoebas (which are millions of times smaller) have hundreds of nuclei because they're so big, then eggs should also have many nuclei... however... if eggs DO have a lot of nuclei, then they would have to be fertilized by a ridiculous amount of sperm which of course doesn't happen because the genetic stuff and blah blah... ok so... it must only have one nucleus... unless of course only the germinal disk is the one controling everything and eventually just eats the other nuclei to feed on them...
    http://www.enchantedlearning.com/sub...cken/egg.shtml
    and it doesn't look like the yolk is the actual cell. To me that looks like there's this sac with food inside (yolk) attached to the ova. then a sperm comes along and fertilizes it. It starts to grow while at the same time layers of egg white and eggshell are added, it's layed, it feeds on the yolk, multiplies, and a chicken is born... what happens to the egg white though? if the chicken only fed on the egg yolk then the finished chicken would be as big as the egg yolk... so it must also feed on the egg white...
    http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasc.../mole00483.htm
    aha! that still doesn't completely clear up the nucleus/DNA issue though. But I'm betting it only has one nucleus.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umm Alpha I don't deal in egg issues (this is normally no a topic or discussion) but maybe you should email some doctor they would more then likely know. See if we were discussing the DNA itself I would have plently to say.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12