Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Exotic fruit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (schloaty @ May 26 2005,9:05)]Pretty much any good fruit is on my list. I just really like fruit. I didn't like one rather exotic one that I tried recently though. Can't remember what it was called. It was REALLY sweet, too much for me.
    Custard apple?

What the heck, there could be loads of exotic fruits out there sweeter than that...

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Cindy @ May 26 2005,11:08)]So the mangosteen "queen" must be eaten after the durian "king", to cool the person down. I am a chemist but I totally believe in this sort of stuff. My asian culture. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    You're a chemist? Do you mean that colloquially? Hry, my college buddy / foreign student from Hong Kong gave me a lesson in cutting mangoes along the sides of the huge pit. Then he cut a thatched pattern and inverted the two halves, before eating it. Is that the proper way to deal with thame?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If non-rotten durians were available in the SE US, I probably would like them. I've heard they are good. Can't let one bad food experience(like the mcchickenhead found in mcnuggets by one person a few years back) ruin it for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can grow some tres yourself, like jackfruits.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in a temperate climate, zone 7B, usual low 10 f, rare snow in the winter, frost November-early April(but still to warm in the summer for those #%@* highland neps). Durians wouldn't work here, although they may in a large greenhouse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HAs anyone every had rootbeer plant? I tried some at the zoo. I would not recommend this to you ladies. The leaves taste like rootbeer. And it apparently commonly gives women bladder-infections but the botanist at the zoo did not know why. It was sort of like chewing mint leaves (some have spines you know).

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have always wanted to try a durian. But you never see them here.

I like passionfruit and lychees. Lychees are goood. Fresh figs are a favorite. I used to pick them fresh off my grandmother's fig bush when I was a kid. Gooooood. There are a lot of people who have never had a fresh fig.

I like trying new kinds of fruit. I've never heard of some of the ones mentioned here. I will have to look for them.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They will go well with your many and varied cookies! (bakies!) [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast