Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Hooray for our legal system

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah but Ozzy notice I said Tazer. They are more effective on smaller people just because of body mass but my cousin isn't really big I mean yeah hes a cop but he's only 6 foot or so and quite thin. He can throw around most people preaty well though.
    Anyway Starman the whole ntent of guns is shoot to kill. Which is why you unload the entire clip into the person, reload and do it again. They had better not be moving after that. You will probibly miss a few times, thats why you reload. You definatly don't want them getting up as you wait for the cops.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Starman, The reason that you shoot to kill is because an injured man is extremely dangerous. If you shoot a man in his leg, you never know if he has a gun hidden on him somewhere. While you're dialing 911, he could pull the gun and shoot you. The whole reason you shoot him is to stop him from hurting or killing you or your family. I don't want to kill anybody but if there is somebody in my house I have to assume that he is armed and intends to do harm to me or my family. I think you believe that we are talking about shooting anybody that enters on site without any warnings. I don't think most of us mean it that way. If I see that his hands are empty I would tell him to lay on the floor face down. If he makes any fast movement toward his pockets, ect. I will shoot. I'm not going to give him a chance by shooting in the leg. He has made the decision to enter my house, He put me in the spot where I may have to kill him. I didn't ask for him to threaten me by reaching for what I have to assume is a weapon. So why should I put myself or my family in more danger by shooting him in the leg.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Besides if you shoot him in the leg he will probibly assume you mean to kill him (I definatly would no matter if you were calling the cops, but since I don't break and enter I would not be in any position where the person who shot me would be calling the cops). He would probibly try to do something to save himself. Probibly attack you.

So Bugweed you took up martial arts nearly the same time as cping? I must have missed tht part in the Savage Garden. What chapter was that in again?

Ever notice it always seems to be dumb male teenagers who do these things? I wonder how they can be so stupid. Underdeveloped brains but I don't see 5 year olds saying "I'm going to break into your house".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buy a shotgun; a double barrel; just that aiming at them will make him/her pee their pants. It doesn't matter what load you use; even small bird shot at the distance you'd be using it at is just as lethal; and won't penetrate walls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the "new" (as of 3 years ago). weapon designed for the military. If you know what company it is you can buy it privately. I of course don't actually like guns (any more anyway) and would not pay that much money for one anyway. That or an MP-40. Historical permit of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sound of the gun being cocked always stops me dead cold. I know those sounds, and they always put a chill right through me...even if I'm out on a shooting range.

The sound of a Butterfly knife being worked also stops me dead in my tracks.
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    April, I know where you used to live. I can honestly say that if I had lived where you used to live that I would not be typing this response right now as I would be dead. I doubt you would disagree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]But the king of the suburban frontier just had to keep it loaded right there next to the bed.
    Exactly. God save us from the Kings of the Suburban Frontier. My sister, who is a certifiable gun nut..keeps a .45 in the nightstand by her bed. In a zippered container, in the drawer of the nightstand. So, god forbid, she's jumped by a guy in her apartment. She's going to have the time to open the drawer, unzip the container, and shoot him? Give me a break. She'd be better off with a baseball bat! I'm all for self defense! I'm all for baseball bats! Louisville Sluggers rock.

I have a printing press roller that I keep in my car. Rubber on the outside, solid steel on the inside. Doesn't leave marks, just deep and debilitating muscle tears and bruises. Got it from a friend who's a Chicago Cop. It's my equaliser.

I was talking to Dan today, and if we had anything worth stealing...we'd protect it and ourselves with a big mean dog or two, and an alarm and surveillance system. Right now, since we don't have a dang thing worth stealing...we lock our doors and windows...the biggest deterrent is that most of the neighbor's wives are home all day, and they are vigilant. Aprilh
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast