0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats fine with me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guns are more convenient. It's hard to imagine a couple having an argument and one assembling a bomb in the heat of the moment to kill the other. If grabbing a gun is as easy as grabbing a Big Mac, we'll find ourselves in a violent, overweight society. Oops, we are.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Herenorthere what's that about bombs. That would certainly be a more interesting news story. I can imagine it all now:
    "Couple has argument, husband blown up.
    Today in somewhereville Mrs. Doe blew up Mr. Doe. She says a heated argument came up and so she assenbled a bomb in the heat of the moment. It apparently never dawned on her this would destroy there house and this might not be the right thing to do. A few hours later the Does house blew up while Mrs. Doe was shopping for a dress for Mr. Does funeral. Apparently Mr. Doe did not know anything about the bomb even though it is reported he was sitting right next to it."
    "Next up at 6:30: obseity in our children"

If that ever happens the stupidity of Americans will have eclipsed all others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ June 08 2005,9:16)]Guns are more convenient. It's hard to imagine a couple having an argument and one assembling a bomb in the heat of the moment to kill the other. If grabbing a gun is as easy as grabbing a Big Mac, we'll find ourselves in a violent, overweight society. Oops, we are.
    Knives forks aluminum baseballbats pipes and other large blunt or pointy objects are just as convenient as guns and could potentially be deadlier. I maintain that if you are heated enough to shoot someone then you are heated enough to turn anything into a violent weapon. Personally I'd rather someone empty a clip into me then stab me 70 or 80 times like I have seen on some of the court and forensic science shows on court TV/discovery channel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Valid point Allosaurz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right. And a Chihuahua can kill with a well placed bite, so there's no difference between a chihuahua or a tiger. Both can kill. But I'm irrational. I think chihuahuas are less threatening than tigers the same way I consider a candlestick or stapler to be less dangerous than a gun.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, herenorthere!
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]April, for Christmas I can make sure Santa slips a Larry the Cable Conservative video into your stocking. I didn't know you held him in such high esteem. Should we add him to our shrine?
    Oh yeah....he totally belongs in your shrine. I think he's funny, anyway...conservative or not. I just think people should know where he's coming from, in case they're too dense to figger it out for themselves.
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.