Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Hooray for our legal system

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well we would not be loseing the Drug war if we had harser punishments. I'm talking china here whihc in my opinion has some very interestin gpunishments. If you steel something you hand gets cut off right? Well I personally like:
    If you violate any of these rules (there is a list) you get sent to jail until friday. On Friday you get in a truck to be driven around town. Mind that you will probibly get stuff thrown at you. Then you go down to the beach where the guards instruct you to either stand in a line or run into the ocean. You are then shot. But then the happy ending is your family has to pay rent for your prison cell, pay for your food, pay for your share of the gas, pay part of the salery of the firing squad and pay for the bullet. See if we did that to anyone who had drugs we would not need to worry about them anymore.

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pyro, although I truly detest guns and violence, if home security is your concern, a gun is the way to go. It so happens that in many states, the punishment for physically assaulting someone (using martial arts or other defense tactics) is often greater for pulling out a gun and shooting them (provided you were threatened) because when you get up there in front of a jury, they find it a lot more reasonable that you shot someone out of fear, rather than you ninja-assasinated them out of fear. To a juror, the question of self defense is, "If I were in the defendant's shoes, would I have reacted that way?" Most people aren't martial artists, nor are they familiar with hand-to-hand combat or the things that a martial artist thinks about when threatened. Most people are familiar with a gun, though, and in our gun-loving country we're raised from a young age to think that a gun is an effective, reasonable means of self-defense. Guns, however, come with the risk of falling into the hands of your attacker. As for your losses, have you taken this to civil court? It should be a relatively simple case if they confessed.
    Tre, harsher punishment is a great idea, but would it pass by cruel and unusual punishment? Sadly, I don't see that happening any time soon (if it does, we'll have bigger problems to worry about anyways.) Generally speaking, that kind of punishment would cut down on any crime you applied it to! :) But if victimless crime like personal drug use is punished by death and fines to the family of the criminal, what kind of punishment will go for larceny, assault, murder or violent act?
    While I do agree that (reformed) drug laws should have steeper punishments, I don't think it should be capitol punishment. Further strain on the administrative capacity of capitol punishment is the last thing we need. We don't need more prisoners, or more of the paperwork and red tape that would envetably be required to enforce the death penalty in America. I think that if we removed crimes of abuse from the capitol punishment system and created a system of precendents similar to those applied to defendants with mental illnesses, we'd have more than enough resources for everybody. Drug crimes worth prosecuting are usually money crimes, so the drug cases could probably create their own funding with fines. There should be steep fines for dealing, steeper fines and detainment for endangering others (DUIs, recklessness, etc.,) but only modest fines and mandatory treatment for repeat users. Drug problems are a different kind of social ill than violent crime, if you ask me - they come about for different (although sometimes related) reasons, and are effectively controlled in different ways.
    Just my 2.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think most occupations has risks. I'm an electrician and everyday that I work I accept the risk that I may be hurt or killed by electrocution, falling, or a traffic accident. I know the risk and I accept them. Most occupations has risks that the person will be hurt or killed. Being a thief is the same. If you choose to break into my house you have accepted the risk that I will shoot you.
    It's not murder. It's an occupational risk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I was just applying it to all violent crimes.

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hehe, way to go Ozzy, that's it exactly.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do your research if your gonna get a gun, you want a lot muzzle velocity high caliber bullet. Easy in, messy out, won't go through walls and endanger loved ones and neighbors.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    poor Travis probibly thinks we're insane

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always do your research. Some guns are not for beginners. Learn to use you gun. Always be safe.
    I forgot to say in my last post, that the whole legal system needs to be stripped down and rebuilt. It was a very scary day when they let Martha Stewart out of prison. I stocked up on bullets that day.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast