Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Hooray for our legal system

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I believe that there shouldnt be a life sentance. If we are going to place a person in jail for life then we should just kill them. Why leave them in jail to be a consumer? Why should we have to give them better healthcare than some of our poor citizens because they are locked up? I don't believe that is right. If they are to be sentance for life they should be sentanced to death. Save all of us the 30k a year to keep them alive. That may sound harsh, but I do believe the punishments should ba harsher on crimes, but I don't believe some of the drugs that are illegal should be illegal. With that said if I was in charge Mary Jane would be legal and we woudlnt have to worry about those in prison. UNLESS the were cought selling to minors. the laws should be just like alcohol. Also keep in mind that I believe the punishments should be harsher. So don't go bashing me saying it would end up like beer is to kids. Not if the punishment was harsher, I don't believe. I think it would lower the drug use too. Because it will not be a taboo anymore. I am a firm believer that alot of kids try it because they are preached to that its bad, and honestly if you had to choose between Mary and alcohol its accualy better for you. I have asked many Dr. I work with and they back up thaqt statement.

Josh
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ May 26 2005,7:58)]The average person won't shoot, but the junkie/violent criminal robbing you doesn't share your moral dilemma and will have no problem pulling his trigger.
    I think on average, when faced with a "him or me" decision, or ESPECIALLY a "him or my family" decision, the average person will shoot, and perhaps feel remorse later. But he'll be ALIVE to feel remorse.

If you think you could never pull the trigger, then don't get a gun. I think Tasers are commercially available now, but if you miss on the first shot, game over.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ May 27 2005,12:12)]All this talk about criminals rights is a bunch of BS and I want to smack all those demacrat Aholes, and lawyers that got those in place.
    I'm a democrat (of libertarian persuasion), and I am deeply concerned about the rights of the DEFENDENT. Not so much about the rights of a convicted criminal, altough as a civilised society under rule of law, I believe we must treat them fairly, whatever they may have done.

And please don't interpret "fairly" to mean "preferentially".
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guns are cool, guns are fun, guns can keep your rear alive.

BUY A GUN!

If not, then get yourself an 8" survival knife.
    If not, then put a baseball bat under your bed.
    If not, then then start working out. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

By the way, i think i could definitely pull the trigger if i were in any physical danger. Most people think guns are horrible, BUT the news only tells their bad side. This weekend for example, i'm going target shooting. I will bring an array of targets ranging from plastic bottles, to bowling pins, to last year's math book. They're a great stress reliever if you put up targets consisting of pictures of people you don't like. Works for me!
    Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (lol @ May 27 2005,12:19)]Might I remind you my friend that killing is most certainly a sin? Not to mention it's just bad and sometimes unesecary. I would, if at all possible, try to shoot someone where they wont die. And on that note, I'm planning on having a sword made with a tazer in the handle, so that the blade can deliver a powerful electrical shock, like a tazer baton. How illegal is this?
    Killing in self-defence is not a sin. Of course, I'm an atheist, so the concept of "sin" as anything other than "morally/ethically wrong" is meaningless to me. Refusing to allow a criminal to continue to threaten you or your family is most certainly not morally wrong, in my book.

If I'm in a situation in which I find it necessary to shoot, my primary goal is to render the person non-threatening. Unfortunately for him, the most certain way to do that is to fire at the torso. My goal is not to kill, but it is very likely the outcome.

Now let me add, I do not EVER want to be in such a situation. I am not hoping somebody breaks into my house so I can shoot him. And if it happens, I'd rather nobody be home. And if I'm home, I hope he bolts the moment he realises somebody is home.

I've known a fair number of juvenile gun advocates who seem eager for an opportunity to use a gun. Most of them have been online, and i'd wager most are teenage boys who have never actually held a gun in their hands before.

I sincerely hold by the first rule of self defense: Be somewhere else when bad stuff happens.
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ May 27 2005,12:28)]Well, I believe that there shouldnt be a life sentance. If we are going to place a person in jail for life then we should just kill them. Why leave them in jail to be a consumer? Why should we have to give them better healthcare than some of our poor citizens because they are locked up? I don't believe that is right. If they are to be sentance for life they should be sentanced to death.
    There can be no DP without the appeals process, and it is the appeals process that makes a death sentence typically MORE expensive than life in prison.

And if you think life in prison is some cushy existence, you are mistaken.

My problem with the DP is that it is NOT evenly applied, it is NOT a proven deterrent, the decision to pursue it is often more politically motivated than by justice, and there is far too much prosecutorial misconduct for it ever to be fair.
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed
    Quote[/b] ]If somebody breaks into my house, threatening me, my wife and my two little girls, he's leaving my premises feet first.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SarraceniaScott I never said get rid of due process, but if your going to pay 30k a year to keep person X alive for 50 years in prision i think it is more cost effective to kill him after his appeals have been heard. Even the lifers get the right to appeal their sentances. So they too are costing more than Death row because after all the appeals then they atill have to be cared for for life. Or better yet get out after 8 or so years only to do a horific crime again. Look at the mutiple sex offender who just killed that little girl in Fla. No sence in letting him out in the first place. Also I;m not downing the democrats as a whole, Its just mostly those tytpe of political views that create alot of the criminal friendly laws. I;m not saying that republicans don't either. I'm also not saying they are angels. They're most surely not. Darn it why did I have to make this political. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_l_32.gif[/img]

Josh
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast