User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What size plants do you send when you trade?

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    SarraceniaScott, I have already contacted Josh about this. Rest assured that if it isn't taken care of, that the member will be put on the bad traders list. So just make sure to check that list (pinned on top of trading forum) and leave the rest to us. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing to consider is that despite pinned topics and the occasional capricious individual, some of us, particularly newbies, may not be skilled in shipping plants. The P.O also does some strange things as well. I know that we aren't talking about imexperience and bad luck, though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All good points, and yes the trader is part of this forum, but the trade did not orriginatre here. Things are being worked on as we speak to correct the issue. The person in question did make mention the plants were seedlings, but I didnt realize seedlings would be sent that small. Given the size of the full grown plant and what I am used to dealing with orchids. I have a seedling orchid right now that dwarfs what was sent to me. Granted they are different plants. I just didnt think plants that small would be sent. Especialy for flowering sized Chids. I sent pictures of my plants to the person. I guess I should have asked for pictures in return and will from now on with trades. I know myself I couldnt send plants of that size for the plants I sent and not feel bad. I guess that just me. I do trust that things are being taken care of so hopefully this person will learn their lesson and it will not happen again. Especial seeing the extent of indeviduals involved now. If not then andrew knows who the person is and I know the mods will rectofy the situation. Thanks everyone.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generally speaking, the type of plants as well as the maturity of the plants should both be discussed when arranging a trade.

If I have seedlings to trade, that may be fine, but I have to tell you they're seedlings.

As far as shipping plants, even if someone is a newbie, there is something called common sense. Plants are fragile, and should be packed as such. Plants also dry out, and should be packed to accomadate.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's another thing... One should always provide some "on receipt" instructions, as plants that are uprooted and shipped are normally in shock. In addition, there should be some instruction on how to grow a particular plant. As a total newbie last year, receiving a Cephalotus cutting, I also received a bag of orchid fertilizer & live LFS, and detailed instructions for its care. Aside from the fact that I ended up killing it, at least my "business partner" was thorough and considerate to help me along with the special growing requirements.

Has there been a topic about how to ship plants?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    common sense is the key. I had an trade experience here that I'm still upset about, and the other person was not a newbie.

All the other trades I've done have been perfect, and there are some very generous people here! One bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch! MWAH to all of you!
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (aprilh @ May 27 2005,4:28)]common sense is the key. I had an trade experience here that I'm still upset about, and the other person was not a newbie.

All the other trades I've done have been perfect, and there are some very generous people here! One bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch! MWAH to all of you!
    I can't believe you quoted Donny Osmond! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (aprilh @ May 27 2005,4:28)]common sense is the key. I had an trade experience here that I'm still upset about, and the other person was not a newbie.

I would add to your post that if somebody was not ABSOLUTELY happy with a trade I did, I would want to know about it, firsthand!

I did a trade a while back, and forgot to include one of the promised plants... the counterparty informed me of that, and I send out a new box with the forgotten plant the next day.

Whenever a trade does not go as planned, I always assume the most charitable reason, until there is good reason NOT to. Most people will quickly and happily rectify oversights, if you let them know in a timely manner, and don't assuce them of trying to stiff you.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast