What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your nickname?

Hello, people here that I don't know. Here's another little fun topic. Let's hear your nicknames!

My parents usually call me Sarah, my chinese name, or Na-na. It's a little embarassing, but when I was around 2 or 3, (or was it 3 or 4?) it was Christmas time, and I was jealous because my brother had recieved more gifts than I had. So, I grabbed the biggest one there, and declared, "Na-na's pwesent!" Ever since then, I've been teasingly called Na-na, and it's caused me no little amount of frustration.

What're yours?

When I get one, I'll let you know.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ May 28 2005,2:41)]When I get one, I'll let you know.
Was that an ivitation to us to try and come up with one for you, FTG?  Guys, any ideas?

Years ago, my brother named me 'Captain Nemo'.  This was because, during a flood, I tried to drive my car through four feet of water.  The car drowned--all cylinders filled with water when I tried to restart the engine.

I'm now known at work as 'Jerky Joe' because they played one of those stupid name association games--take the first letter of your name, and think of the first thing that describes you.  I was thinking more that I like beef jerky.  They thought something else.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Was that an ivitation to us to try and come up with one for you, FTG?
Sure, I can see where this is going.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Years ago, my brother named me 'Captain Nemo'.  This was because, during a flood, I tried to drive my car through four feet of water.
LMAO... you can't do that without a car snorkel.

Some guys used to call me "enanao" which means dwarf in spanish. Then I cought up to them and they stopped lol.
and in a class they called me "pedro" because i'm so calm/quiet/monotone and i'm mexican. lol.
I don't really like anyone who called me either of those two names :p the people I like call me Luis.
or... online people call me TAW, wolfie, wolfo, alpha, and others.... sometimes. what's funny is that say in one forum they call me wolfie and in the other they call me TAW.

I call you Luis!!

i get "hey your the snake man right?" alot, living in a town of 3000 ppl and yah keep a half dozen "exotic" snakes, your prolly one of very few who does. my old grade school friends call me different things all general a play on my name, Sheridan: Sherdskins(which gets shortened to Skins alot), Sherman, Shroominator(i am not really shure how this one came about), Shydog and prolly a half dozen other things depending on who you talk to. most have a story but its a "you had to be there" type one. Sherdskins is prolly the oldest(atleast since 4th grade) and most ingrained, so old i dont even quite remember how it came about but it stuck enough that a friend of mine who was validictorian my senior year refered to me as such in her speech. heck two of my buddys about came to blows one day about over which of them started it.

Well Tre is actually a nickname (for now)
other then that it's "Hey you".

Well...for many many years most of my friends have called me....Dooz. It originated from a time when a friend/coworker and I were messing around with a video game in a store where you had to type your name in for scoring. My friend made a typo and my name came out "Duzanne" instead of Suzanne. She thought that was funny and started calling me Duzanne at work. Wasn't long before eeeeverybody was calling me that and it got shortened to Dooz. There are some variations...Doozalee, Doozie, etc. Signing Christmas cards is hard because I have to think who calls me by what name and sign appropriately.

I also get called Suzy Q a lot. And there are some people who do call me PAK. I have a little side antique business and I have to sign my price tickets with initials. I can't use my own because my best friend shares the same initials so I opted for PAK to differientiate. So now I get called PAK and PAKman by the shop owners (as well as some forum members). There is also a certain forum owner who calls me Hooker...which I hope is a term of endearment....
laugh.gif

So...call me Dooz, Suzanne, PAK, Doozie, Doozalee, Suzy Q...I answer to them all.
smile.gif
Just don't call me late for dinner!

Bug. Bugg Superstar. Ape. Mostly, people just call me by my name. Beeotch has been used
smile_m_32.gif

I have been called many things over the years (gotta love junior high!), but Jim or Jimscott or JimHyphenScott are my main nicknames. My real name is Scott and as a kid I hated that name.

So, upon anticipation of going away to college, I chose and adopted the name of Jim. What I didn't count on was a buddy of mine since 7th grade also choosing the same college. So I introduced myself as Jim and she introduced me as Scott. When the circle of friends coincided, the confused 18 year olds resolved matters by combining the two names - hence, the forum name.

My wife occasionally refers to me as Jimothy.

jimscotscoot!

"Dave" and "Schloaty" are the main nicknames I have....

Also went by "Boy Jesus" in college, and at one point variation on "Abe Lincoln."

My "real" name is Carl
Online most of my friends call me "mabs"
When I was younger I was really chubby and my friends called me "Porky" for a few years...
My most commonly used nickname is "Norm" (such a long story behind such a plain name, but I don't want to bore you) which gets changed by different people into "Old Normie" and the acronym "O.N."

And one of my buddies calls me Rarl, Cark and sometimes "Pice"

When I first went to Job Corp. Everybody got nick names whether you wanted one or not. I had long blonde hair and when I was younger, I was told that I look like Ozzy Osbourne when he was young. So everybody called me Ozzy. It stuck.

a freind of mine once said "thank you, conley" and someone thought he said "thank you kindly." since i am the sarcastic cynic that I am everybody got roar out it and i was forever known as kindly.

JBL as far as your "jerky joe" thing goes i've also gotten "constantly conley"... there is only one true constant and that is conley.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mabudon @ May 29 2005,10:57)]My "real" name is Carl
I thought it was Dan!
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ May 29 2005,9:36)]jimscotscoot!
Thanks Topanga!

I also get called James by mistake. Well not really by mistake on purpose. I hate my last name. Which I do get called by fairly comonly. Mostly by people I know if I see them in a store. It is quite annoying to have someone shout "Hey Bond, come here". Then I have a bunch of idiots asking me if my first name is James
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Treaqum @ May 29 2005,1:28)]I also get called James by mistake. Well not really by mistake on purpose. I hate my last name. Which I do get called by fairly comonly. Mostly by people I know if I see them in a store. It is quite annoying to have someone shout "Hey Bond, come here". Then I have a bunch of idiots asking me if my first name is James
mad.gif
We'll just call you by your number, 007.
smile.gif

Back