What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What toppings do you like on your pizza?

People are just spitting out random topics all over the forum now: What do you like on your pizza? Pepperoni? Cheddar cheese? Tomato sauce? Lamb intestines? Share them all!

Cheese and extra pepperoni.

I love most things on my pizza, pepperoni(and make that extra extra pepperoni) pineapple, ham, cheese, chillies(not the incredibly spicy ones though)...............the list goes on lol

everything is god on pizza except them nasty little anchovie (sp) fishies BLECH!!

I can eat almost anything on pizza. I like the supremes, If I had to pick just a few toppings I would choose, beef, onions, and hot peppers. I also like the new Dominos cheesebuger pizza.

What do you mean by .....pineapple? lol
Its found mainly in the Hawaii pizza type.......ham, cheese and pineapple, mmmmmmmm, one of my favorioutes
smile.gif

I have to tell this funny story that happened when I was in London.
Me and my wife wanted pizza so we decided that we would try a pizza place that was right down the street. I looked at the menu and saw the American pizza. I looked to see what was on it and it. I can't remember all that was on it but one of the ingredients was chili. In America chili is a mixture of beans, beef, tomatoes, and plenty of spices including cumin, and chili powder. When I ordered I told the guy that I have lived in America all my life and I have never seen chili on a pizza.
Anyway I decided to order a normal cheese pizza. In London, at least from what I saw pizza has a very, very thin crust. The guy asked me if I wanted tomatoes on my pizza. I said no. He looked at me pretty strange and said ok.
He then came back and said "Do you want any sauce on it?" I said yes. He laughed and said that was what he meant when he asked about the tomatoes. He then said that if he made it without tomatoes it would be just cheese on a cracker.

Ha.
I like "white Pizza" but just motzerella (sp?, Terra really needs to add a dictionary but then people would be addy words like crazy).

I thought pineapple was weird until I tried it. Now I never go without.

When we make it, we usually put fried onions and garlic on it.  Plus the required sauce and cheese.  When we're at the pizza place up the street, we usually get 1/2 Hawaiian (for my daughter) and the other half is usually eggplant (breaded and fried strips).  Like most cheap neighborhood pizza places in CT, the place is run by Greeks.  Their Greek pizza, with feta, olives, tomatoes, and some seasonings, is pretty awesome.  But it costs a couple bucks more and we usually go for the eggplant.

My favorite topping is live sphagnum.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hans Breuer @ May 29 2005,7:13)]My favorite topping is live sphagnum.
Ah, spoken like a true CP-er!

I am a meat and cheese lover, expecially sausage & pepperoni. When I was a kid, we had a family tradition of making our own homemade pizza. Oddly enough, that tradition continues, with MY family. I put together the ingredients for the crust in my breadmaker and my wife & daughter do the rest. Recently, we have added to our repertoire of pizza toppings - Buffalo Chicken Wing style. So picture Buffalo Wing chicken and the sauce as the topping.

BTW, the best pizza comes from NYC and Long Island! Nobody outside the NYC Metro area seems to be capable of duplicating it.
mad.gif
smile_h_32.gif
And nobody seems to know how to properly eat it. You are supposed to fold the slice in half and allow the grease to go down to your elbow - not cut it with a fork and knife. How barabaric!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]So picture Buffalo Wing chicken and the sauce as the topping.

OMG!!!!!!! I WANT IT!!!!

Is NOT! Triangles all the way!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ May 29 2005,10:12)]Real pizza is cut in squares.
Say what?! That's neither here nor there!

I like Ham and Pineapple,and pepperoni with red onions and mushrooms and lotsa cheeeeese
smile_n_32.gif
There's also a good chicken one out now,I think it's BBQ chicken.It's yummerz
smile_m_32.gif
~Niki~

Probably the best pizza I've ever had was when I was home in Germany and we went to this pizza place. This place was a real Italian shop, Italians speaking Italian and making real Italian pizza. Somehow, it was so simple, yet soooo good. One of the things that often gets overlooked is the crust. To most people the crust is just kind of there to hold the tomato sauce and the cheese. Let me tell you, the crust on this pizza was so good that you could have eaten it plain, it wasn't that cracker nonsense, and it wasn't that droopy Dominos nonsense, it was right imbetween: not crispy and not floppy. Then, it wasn't doused in tomato sauce either, nor in cheese. When I first heard the concept I thought "Bah! Humbug! The sauce is where it's at!" But folks, let me tell ya... There was no way you'd EVER need to worry about that "crust left over beyond the sauce and cheese point" nonsense. I can't explain it enough to really get people to understand how good it was, but if any of you gets the chance to eat real, authentic Italian pizza then for the love of all that is good, EAT IT. And no, by authentic I don't mean a tombstone that has "authentic" slapped somewhere on its plastic covering. Wow... Thinking about it, I feel like Alan Alda in that episonde of M*A*S*H whith Adam's Ribs.
laugh.gif
I mean, that pizza was just so darn good. Oh well, in any case, it seems like for most of us, making pizza ourselves is the best way to go. Making my own pizza is definitly the 2nd best I've had. And Jim, if I'm ever in NYC and not being mugged, I'll buy some pizza.
smile_m_32.gif
OOH! And you guys! Hear me out on this one: you need to try (canned) tuna on pizza. DO IT! We do it when we make pizza ourselves ( which is very infrequently,
smile_h_32.gif
) and it is dern good! Well, so until someone assaults my lovely memories of having awesome pizza while at home with all of my lovely Kraut family, think about what I've told you.
smile_m_32.gif

--Added note about tuna: Only dolphin safe. Never eat Bluefin tuna... This makes me feel like starting a threat on fishies and which ones are safe to eat.... Hmmm...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Est @ May 30 2005,2:24)]And Jim, if I'm ever in NYC and not being mugged, I'll buy some pizza.  
smile_m_32.gif
 OOH!  And you guys!  Hear me out on this one:  you need to try (canned) tuna on pizza.  DO IT!  We do it when we make pizza ourselves ( which is very infrequently,
smile_h_32.gif
) and it is dern good!  
You can skip NYC and go straight to Long Island (pronounced: Lawn-guy-lind), land of perpetual suburbia, for the same good pizza.

Tuna fish? Believe-it-or-not, in an act of creative desperation, I tried that.

Back