What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wells fargo

Hi all,
Are there any lawyers in here?
is it possible to sue a bank???
I have had this account for 10 years. First of all, they closed a savings account with $500 for no reason and without telling me.
mad.gif
Next, they stopped sending me monthly statements. I haven't seen a statement in 6 years. 6 YEARS!!!
mad.gif
every time I try to get them to send me statements, they never do. Is there not a federal law that requires the banks to send statements? I do not want them sent online. I want them sent via snail mail. The icing on the cake is, I just deposited my payroll check, all $1,150 of it, and they put a hold on it.
mad.gif
That means, my rent and truck payment are going to be late.
mad.gif
My rent and truck pmts have never been late. By the time the check clears I will be getting paid again.
I am NOT rich, but I am not poor either. But I feel like a vagrant bum now cause I can't buy food or gas and now I cant even send Phil the money for the plants that I won in the auction. Not for a week and a half.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Can I get them in trouble somehow? It seems to me that I am being punished. They have discriminitory buisiness practices. They cater to the buisiness owners and the property owners, but people who live paycheck to paycheck get the shaft. I am sick and tired of the way they treat me and the minute that check clears, I am closing the account.
I wonder if I can close the account and demand my $$$$ if they have a hold on my check.
It's another example of the big money business people crushing the little people.
mad.gif

I should have closed this account a long time ago.

Oooh, get 'em! My mom used to work for Wells Fargo and they uphold some truly shameful buisness and employment practices. Talk with the better business bureau and find out what your options are, or contact your state's department of commerce. I wish I knew what you could do specificially, but I've never been in this kind of situation.
~Joe

Wow that is not good gotta be a claim there thats for sure
smile_h_32.gif

Bye for now Julian

Well they are really screwing up my life. I WAS going camping this weekend, like I do every Memorial day. I can't even do that now. And it's turning out to be virtually impossible to look up anything pertaining to banks or laws. I guess I am just going to sit here in this stuffy apartment all weekend. I am in a really rotten mood right now.
mad.gif

Check the blue government pages in your phonebook. If you can't find anything there pertaining directly to banks or trade, just call a city hall. It doesn't even have to be your local town's city hall; any place like that gets calls from people who are frustrated and confused and so they'll at least have some idea of how to help you. Remember that these are public offices that you're calling; they work for you. Be polite and keep asking for phone numbers until somebody knows what you're talking about. It's a pain in the butt, but that's bureaucracy for ya.
Best luck,
~Joe

One thing that speaks loeder than anything else is money. Show them that they have lost your business. The best way to do that is with a website called planetfeedback.com
I have used them many time, it gets fast results. You file a complaint with them, that includes writing a letter to them. They will send your letter to the president of the company. They will also post your letter on their site and also post the results. Your complaint will be added to Wells Fargo feedback site.
I have used them many times and only one time did I not get a result, and that was with the EVIL THIEVES at Paypal.com.
Give it a try, it can't hurt.

I sent the letter to the CEO of Wells Fargo, I hope something comes of it. Thanks Ozzy, I hope it works.

No problem, All these big corporations need to understand that without the little man they would not even exist.
You should post a link to your letter so we can keep up with how it goes.

Good luck

To answer your question it is possible to sue the bank. As for them releasing the hold so you can close the account that isn't very likely. As for closing your savings account without your permission it is only possible two ways really, you have not used the account for more then 2 years or your breaking Reg. E (savings accounts are only allowed so many electonic withdrawals a month, however all FDIC insured banks are required to follow this regulation). If you need anymore info or help let me know, I am quite familiar with California banking regulations.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]you have not used the account for more then 2 years
The account was not used for only 3 months. I was only making deposits to it and using the checking account for everything else.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] breaking Reg. E (savings accounts are only allowed so many electonic withdrawals a month,
I made no withdrawals from this account.
One day back in 1999 I went to a ATM machine to check my balance, and the account was gone. I went to the branch and they told me they closed it. As for the $500, I guess I'll never know.

You should have had them do an investigation into why the account was closed, it could have been banker error or another possibility is fraud... either way the investigation would have come up with the answer and you would have got your money back.

Back