What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fun day at the rifle range

Well, i went to a rifle range over the weekend.

Here is a pic of a .45 caliber slug i found lodged in a piece of wood.
IMG_1914.jpg

And here's the front and back of my favorite target:
IMG_1910.jpg

Front
IMG_1912.jpg

Back

Much as I dislike guns...shooting ranges can be very fun things. One day I took a TV which had offended me greatly to the range and had at it with a friend's semi-automatic. Blew up real good!

He he, nice.

For all those interested, the guns i own are:
Browning 9mm pistol,
Sears Robuk 12-Guage shotgun,
Ruger 10-22 caliver rifle,
Ruger Mini-14 .223 caliber,
Mossberg 10-22,
Springfield M-21 .308.

I came across a TV dumped over an embankment when I was a teen in MS.  It was a good day because I had my .22 with me and I thought I'd finally see the exploding TV of my dreams.  I was testing CCI Stinger bullets, which had just appeared on the market, and burned through quite a few of those pricey things before giving up. Those hot little Stinger bullets just blew themselves apart on that picture tube.  I went back another day with a friend and more firepower but someone had beaten us to the TV.

Gosh, I don't have any guns. All I've got for self defense and target practice is a rapier wit and sarcasm. Don't feel like I'm missing anything! My sister has enough guns for any 10 of us, LOL!
smile_m_32.gif

I must meet your sister.

The holes in the book were made by the Springfield M-21 Tactical .308 caliber. It has a muzzlebreak, butt pad, and a 20X scope that still allows me to use the iron sights. It also has an adjustable oak stock, and the barrel is bedded in fiberglass for minimum stablization. It's been proven to hold .45 of an inch at 100 yards. Which is impressive, as the bullets are already .308 of an inch. I'm very proud of it.

Springfield is good at what they do. i prefer bolt guns and levers for hunting but semi-autos are great for killing time, paper and milk jugs full of water at the range.

Why do you enjoy destroying the guiness book of records? lol

I was done reading it.

Besides, i was going for a record, lol!

how do you dislike guns but enjoyed shooting them?

demented...

Easy, Flip Side. I don't like them when everybody around me has them and shoots them off, willy nilly, up in the air, down to the ground, the better to get your wallet with, at what ever and who ever.

when I go to a gun range...everybody around me has a gun, yes. But they're aiming at inanimate objects/paper targets. BIG FREAKING DIFFERENCE.

I love my .45 cal. cap and ball Kentucky long rifle for shooting targets. My favorite though is the .54 cal. Hawken Rifle with double set triggers. Accurate for a black powder rifle, and I can place round ball in a bullseye at 200 yards all day. Love to shoot, and love to hunt when it is necessary.

I love target shooting. If Death66 ever gets time to read this maybe he'll tell us about the time he shot a bear with my AK-47.

I like target shooting too...the only time I get to go is when I visit my sister out in Cali. Haven't been to a range in about 7 years. She has one of them there Desert Eagle handguns. Most painful gun I've ever shot. I'm much better with a .22 Aprilh

Ozzy? You have an AK-47?
OZZY IS MY NEW DAD!

My cousin has an AK-47, he let me shoot an old washing machine with it.
biggrin.gif

I still don't understand why people are even allowed to have automatic weapons. They're not for hunting animals. They're for hunting............people. I shot the TV with...a .22 and a .38. Maybe there was a .45 in there, somewhere. Definitely a 50 calibre. Very satisfying. All handguns supplied by my gun-nut sister, LOL! And all done at a gun range.

People are animals. Just with less meat.

Speaking of stepping into the NRAs headquarters.  Hail...PETA, yes people treat animals ethically. And by that I mean don't hunt.

DON'T even start me on the NRA. I have an opinion of them...and crypto-facists are 2 words that come to mind. Bleeeeeeaaaaaauuuuuugh.

I've never fired a real gun, but I'm into Airsoft. Currently, in my jobless state, I can only afford a spring KWC Desert Eagle at the moment. I'd like to get an AUG or p90. Bullpup designs are sexy.

Back