Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fyi scam warning: latest paypal imposter scam

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know why it won't work. They are opening the website tomorrow, so maybe it's down right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (0zzy @ May 31 2005,11:35)]I don't know why it won't work. They are opening the website tomorrow, so maybe it's down right now.
    Good! I'll send my money first thing tomorrow then!! I hope I can set up two accounts, because I'd really like $25 in each of them... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    My chicken legs taste like chicken--only less meaty.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did. LOL
    And make sure that you use the link I gave because I get $5.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got quite a lot of these imposter paypal emails too, along with quite a few from imposter banks--they ask you to confirm your bank account and password, with a false link as in the paypal scam. These scams are pretty clever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt that would be very good fro their systems [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]

anyway I jsut got one of those paypal scam things. Interesting how they have the same warnings and everything. I mena except that obviouly it was not paypal when you opened the link

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Good! I'll send my money first thing tomorrow then!! I hope I can set up two accounts, because I'd really like $25 in each of them...
    Quote[/b] ]I did. LOL
    And make sure that you use the link I gave because I get $5.
    Anyone thinking what I'm thinking? This is a darn good way to get an income [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img] Ozzy, what is the maximum no. of bank accounts you can get?

Another question I have, anyone used to transfer $ from a credit card via paypal? If so, how do you withdraw the card from your account? It doesn't say on the help page. Of course that would make sense if the owner of paypal or whoever was pinching a few accounts every few months...make for a nice salary wouldn't it. And still paypal is so huge that nobody would care about the complaints. Yesh, that is, until the guy robs all the accounts and disappears. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]

From ozzy's link: Paypal...complaint
    Paypal...complaint
    Paypal...complaint
    Paypal...complaint
    Paypal...compliment?? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]
    Paypal...complaint...

I am getting so scared...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (D muscipula @ May 31 2005,9:49)]* If you know the guilty party, put a few drops of phenylthalene in their drink and make them unload all the crap they try to unload on everyone else
    Forget phenolpthalein, I'd rather pass large, but non-lethal quantities of electric current through their genitals until they chew their own arms and legs off to escape.

I am normally anti-death-penalty, but something about scam artists sets off something brutal and primeval in me.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have also been ripped off by Paypal and if you can avoid using them I strongly advise it.
    I used them to accept payment for things I was selling on ebay. I too had an account for about 12 months, no complaints or even bad feedback on ebay, and thern one day they locked it. They said that I couldn't access my money for 3 months and asked me to fax them a whole bunch of forms, bank statements, etc.
    I emailed them about 20 times asking what wsa going on and kept getting EXACTLY the same reply, they didn't even read my email.

In the end I faxed them ALL the paperwork they asked for and the very next day I received an email saying "we no longer wish to do business with you" and locked my account. I couldn't even log in and there was a US$750 balance which they still have.

To add insult to injury paypal is owned by ebay.
    I had an outstanding account with ebay for about $12.50 and, as they have my US$750 I refused to pay it so I am now banned from ebay too.

Before anyone signs up with paypal I recommend you check out this site: Paypal Sucks

I hope this saves some people getting ripped off.

Cheers, Troy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast