User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Usps priority mail shipping boxes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    During a recent trade, I received a recommendation to visit this site: Shipping recommendations

I found out that I could get free USPS Priority Mail Shipping containers (as long as I shipped Priority Mail - which I planned to use anyway...). And you can order sizes not available at local post offices in bulk (again - free) delivered to your door.

Once I learned this, I figured everyone else in the world (USA anyway) already knew about this and I was just the last one in on the secret. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_l_32.gif[/img] Comments in recent emails & posts have led me to believe that maybe I wasn't the last one to know....
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah...I knew about that. But I believe you must order them in bulk and I've heard it takes a while to get them. Still its a pretty good deal...free!
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm I will have to check that site out. I jsut tell the guy at the P.O. to order more square boxes usually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Yeah...I knew about that. But I believe you must order them in bulk and I've heard it takes a while to get them.
    When you order special sizes, you're correct - and it does take a while - 1 to 2 wks for me. The normal sizes are available in small quantities at the post office (if you beg, you might get a case(20).
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I went a little order crazy. I think I'm going to get 60 boxes which was way more then I wanted.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I already knew about this too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for posting the link. I didn't know about this. I've been buying my boxes. Sometimes I buy them at the Post Office and sometimes I buy them at WalMart. WalMart actually carries a nice thick box. Bummer but... I already bought the boxes I will use to ship plants to people who were high bidders. I certainly won't make the mistake of paying for boxes again as I always ship priority. Drat and double drat! I (kicking self in rear a few times while pounding head on wall) can't figure out how I missed a site like that.