What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heres a few quick snaps at some of my plants and a few aquarium fish.

Nburdigeae.jpg

The newest pitcher on my N. burbidgeae. It is the biggest so far, and I am looking forward to more.

SleucophyllaTarnok.jpg

S. leucophylla 'Tarnok'. For once, my parents said they actually look good, unlike all my other ugly, dirty, space consuming cps
confused.gif

Usandersonii.jpg

This is the ugly my parents are talking about, including just about the rest of my collection :lol: . Its a U. sandersonii.

Ubisquamata.jpg

U. bisquamata. Nothing much to say about it.

BushynoseCatfish.jpg

My Bushynose Catfish. Some also call it Bristlenose Catfish, but theres room to argue they are a bit different. Anyways, I only got it recently and there was a large infection, a snowy white bloch behind its eyes as still visiable in the picture. It was a lot worse when I got it, but with a few medications, its now receided to the state in the pic. As with my plants, its considered ugly by my folks, and you would think it too based on the medusa thingy, but its actually pretty cute if you see it alive.

GlassCatfish.jpg

A school of Glass Catfish. I took a picture of one of them before, but back then they were much smaller. They usually swim like that in one spot, almost never shifting position even in the current of my fishtank. Its pretty cool how they swim parallel to each other. I can usually see their stomach contents when feeding. Their see-through ness is not really brought up in the picture because the blurryness reduced the clearity of the bodies in the pic.

Hatchetfish.jpg

One of my Hatchetfish, a lot bigger than it was the first time I took a picture of it (some of you may remember). They are crazy jumbers, holding large mucsles in their oddly shaped belly. Their large fins will propell it into the air to excape from predators. Althrough it looks fat, the body is really very thin.

Hope you liked them
biggrin.gif
. Zongyi

Wow! Very nice pics! I don't know much about fish but that Bushynose Catfish looks awesome! Cool plant pics as well! Thanks for sharing.

Very nice Cps spring does them well.

Ugh, silly me. I frogot to add it on my cpuk post, and then I frogot to put it in my post here. Its a pic I frogot to add:

Trillium.jpg

A Trillium I found on a school hike. The Trillium is the official flower of the province Ontario in Canada, and it is illeagal to pick them. While I'm on the topic, I hope you find it interesting to know that the Purple Pitcher Plant (ooo, 3 p's. S. purpurea is the latin name) is the official flower of the province Newfoundland in Canada. Zongyi

cool pics
smile.gif

I used to have tropical fish a few years ago.......but they kept dying so we decided to give the whole thing away
smile_h_32.gif

Oh yes, hatchetfish, I see them on sale all the time here.......on the tanks where they are on sale it always says: DO NOT OPEN LID, FISH WILL JUMP OUT
it does seriously say that lol

ive got a bushynosed catfish. much better than common plecs. the last common plec i had hit 13 inches in 15 months, after having my bushynosed cat for almost 3 years its only 4 inches or so. to bad they arent as common as plecs. they will even breed in home aquariums.

how come some people say it pl*cos or something like that?

Thanks for the replys
smile.gif
JustLikeAPill- What do you mean?
Zongyi

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ June 04 2005,4:33)]how come some people say it pl*cos or something like that?
Its a weird internet superstition that started on some fish mailing lists. Basically, people though that whenever they mentioned their plecos the plecos would die. Therefore pl*co is used to protect the owners beloved fish from the curse. Sure gets annoying though.

However, I never used the pl*co asterisks and sure enough I had terrible luck with BN plecos but I'm not going to become superstitious! LOL

Back