What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nasc meeting tonight

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    nasc

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
I'm just wondering if there is a meeting tonight. I tryed coppers site but it seems to be down. I'll be in the TF chatroom in case somebody else shows up.

Hi Mark,
Last I heard, Rose said every other Friday and that we would be meeting this evening at 8pm central time.

Her site has been down and that's why she sent that e-mail out last time to go to the Terra chat. If her site wasn't back up, we were to go back to the Terra chat.

That is all I know.

Had a virus lock down my main computer and I can not get onto the chat with this one. I hope that it went well.

ourcpsite wasn't working for me tonight...And I actually tried to sign in!
Oh, Fate! How you conspire against me!

OK Rose...
try this- http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

This is the Trend Micro site for free (they really are free) online scans. There are others out there but this seems to be as good as any.

You go to the site and and you will see the words "House Call" in red.  That is where you want to be.  Looks down a little bit and you will see an area that says "Scan Your PC".  Rignt underneath that you will want to click on "Scan now it's free".  You will then end up on a page that instructs you to choose your origin.  Select United States. Active Update will begin to download engine and pattern files. Then it will update them. This may take a while if you have never used the Tredn Micro site before. When that box closes you will be able to select what you want scanned. Check all boxes.  Over to the right you will see another area that says SCAN don't click on that just yet until you check the box underneath than says AUTO CLEAN> now go back and click Scan.  This may take a while but you can watch while it runs and it will tell you what you have.  I've had good luck with having friends use Trend Micro when their own antivirus software has been compromised and can't download virus definitions to update properly. Other than that, I am noit a computer geek and have a friend who configures everything for me so that I don't have problems.

Now there are some nasty viruses out there right now that are removing entire strings so some people lose their ability to connect to the Internet.  There is an winsock XP fix tool out their. You might want to find one of those and download it and save it to your desktop.  Sooner or later it seems as if everyone has to use one of those. They go and clean their computer and find out they can't connect to the Internet. Voila! Run the Winsock repair tool and pretty much everybody is able to get back on line.

Here's a link to an XP winsock repair tool-
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html
This is the winsock repair tool that the people I know download "just in case". You may not need it but with all the garbage going around, probably best to save it to your desktop for future use "just in case".

Decent explanation of what some of these viruses do here-
http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm

This is about the limit of my seriously lacking computer skills. Hope the online scan site can help you out.

Hi Schloaty, we all had to log on using different names and new passwords. Go figure but we did all get on.

Back