What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yesterday was so much fun

• Thread starter Treaqum
  • Start date
Wow yesterday was so much fun. A friend is teaching me how to dance. No not like I can't dance normally but I mean waltz, Tango stuff like that. It is so incredibly fun. Of course the best part is it's one on one so I don't feel like an idiot in front of a class or anything. I must tell you my favorite of the 5 hours we danced was the Waltz. It was definatly the easist for me (which she told me was unusual, and her dancing for something like 30 years must be right). Any way I would definatly recommend learning how to dance (like the above stated) since it is so much fun.

Hey Tre -

That's great. You outta try Cajun & Zydeco sometime. The music is fast, fun & upbeat. They often have Cajun Zydeco festivals or dances - you just have to find them. At those things there are usually free lessons too. About every 3rd song is a waltz and there are NEVER enough male partners for the women. The food at those festivals is awesome too. My wife Dena and I did a Cajun waltz as our first dance at our wedding - sung in french, a tune by Beausoleil. We've seen them live several times.

There are two BIG annual festivals up here both the same weekend as the June NECPS meeting at Black Jungle....

NortheastCajunZydeco

Well as you see I am going to California this summer. Next summer though. I'll be there to see everyone again. Of course the main event will be the big Cp conference but I may be staying all summer.

swing dancing is really fun too
smile.gif

I did a little of that yesterday. I could not get my feet to go in the right pattern though.

i love swing dancing! as one who goes out to dances a ton, i would say that the swing crowd is way more relax about goofing off & having fun then any other "scene". at least that's how it is over here. lindy hop all the way.

I only know how to do two types of dance - slow dancing from semi-formals & disco!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

My wife and I took dance lessons for out wedding....But took it a little farther than that...We actually performed a merengue (however you spell it) at an amateur expo!! What fun!

I love zydeco music. Energetic and fun.
smile.gif
You should also try contra dancing. Its similar to square dancing. But you need a lot of stamina! The dances are looong but really fun and spirited.

Square dancing and disco are two I am not eager to try at all.

Met my wife at a square dance. Fun once you learn the calls.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Treaqum @ June 05 2005,9:28)]Square dancing and disco are two I am not eager to try at all.
I forgot square dancing! That's a lot of fun, too. Square dancing was dangerous to me, though. At the ripe old age of 22, fresh out of college, two separate and distinct events with square dancing led to to my very first and second girlfriends. Wierd!

i think the dancing they did back in the 20's is kind of hot. i like the clothes from that era too, so elegant!

I know the Virginia Reel.
smile.gif
Of course. Grab your partner, do si do!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (OhioMike @ June 08 2005,9:47)]First girlfriend at 22
confused.gif

Wow
Yeah, embarrassing, isn't it! First and second at 22. (3 weeks and 3 months!) If I had a dollar for every time I heard, "You're a nice guy, but..." I wasn't exactly the "God's gift to women type. I was good at procuring buddies, not girlfriends. Hey, at least the 3rd g/f, a year later, turned out to become my wife of 23 years.

Back