Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yesterday was so much fun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Wow yesterday was so much fun. A friend is teaching me how to dance. No not like I can't dance normally but I mean waltz, Tango stuff like that. It is so incredibly fun. Of course the best part is it's one on one so I don't feel like an idiot in front of a class or anything. I must tell you my favorite of the 5 hours we danced was the Waltz. It was definatly the easist for me (which she told me was unusual, and her dancing for something like 30 years must be right). Any way I would definatly recommend learning how to dance (like the above stated) since it is so much fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Tre -

That's great. You outta try Cajun & Zydeco sometime. The music is fast, fun & upbeat. They often have Cajun Zydeco festivals or dances - you just have to find them. At those things there are usually free lessons too. About every 3rd song is a waltz and there are NEVER enough male partners for the women. The food at those festivals is awesome too. My wife Dena and I did a Cajun waltz as our first dance at our wedding - sung in french, a tune by Beausoleil. We've seen them live several times.

There are two BIG annual festivals up here both the same weekend as the June NECPS meeting at Black Jungle....

NortheastCajunZydeco

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well as you see I am going to California this summer. Next summer though. I'll be there to see everyone again. Of course the main event will be the big Cp conference but I may be staying all summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    swing dancing is really fun too [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Growlist

We are perishing for want of wonder, not for want of wonders.
    - G.K. Chesterton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did a little of that yesterday. I could not get my feet to go in the right pattern though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i love swing dancing! as one who goes out to dances a ton, i would say that the swing crowd is way more relax about goofing off & having fun then any other "scene". at least that's how it is over here. lindy hop all the way.
    -jULIE-
    if i can't dance, it's not my revolution.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only know how to do two types of dance - slow dancing from semi-formals & disco! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I took dance lessons for out wedding....But took it a little farther than that...We actually performed a merengue (however you spell it) at an amateur expo!! What fun!
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast