What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

April fools joke

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
I hate to bring up bitter memories from April, but I thought that some of you would find this interesting

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Prickly issue: Local man's cactus collection may be cause for his eviction (see photos)
Reported by Barbara Gauthier
POSTED: Thursday, June 02, 2005 9:32:07 PM
UPDATED: Thursday, June 02, 2005 10:41:00 PM

# AMHERST -- A prickly issue in Amherst could cause one homeowner to be evicted.See photos: Garden of cacti (1 of 4)

It’s all about the man’s cactus collection. The managers at the mobile home park where he lives say either the homeowner or the cacti must go.

Troy Sigler takes great pride in his cactus collection.

“It’s very peaceful to me,” he says. “It reminds me of a desert which is a very quiet - serene and peaceful place.”

But, Sigler’s peaceful place at Westwood Mobile Home Park could force him to find a new place to live. Managers of the mobile home park say Sigler must remove all of the cacti by June 24th or face eviction.

Ii definitely feel like I’m being singled out,” Sigler said. “A lot of people here have gardens and they’re not being told to remove them.”

Many of Sigler’s neighbors agree - they like his garden and say management isn’t being fair.

“I think it’s beautiful,” neighbor Donna Brubaker said. “I don’t know why they’d want him to get out of the park for it.”

Park management say the issue isn’t so much that they don’t like the way the garden looks - they say its about access if they need to get behind these homes – it’s tough to get through. Besides that, they say this set up is against park rules.

“There’s over a hundred cacti and they are impeding on gas lines and water lines and there are safety codes, health codes that he is infringing on,” said Heather Burls, the park manager.

Dozens of park residents signed petitions supporting Sigler’s garden, but not everyone loves it.

“Some of it is very interesting … some of its ugly … it’s a bit much,” said Bernice Siwierka.

Sigler says if he has to, he’ll dig it up, but hopes for compromise.

“To me, it’s appealing … it makes the park look better,” Sigler said.

Residents of the mobile home park are allowed to have small gardens, but they say Sigler’s is just too big.

Management says it’s willing to work with him to reach a compromise.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_fullstory.asp?id=35830

056222046_P--AMHERSTa2.jpg

05622235_P--AMHERSTa3.jpg

05622240_P--AMHERSTa4.jpg

0562215850_P--AMHERSta1.jpg

Hmm. Ozzy bitter memories surface.

It's gorgeous...fake or not. Finch...did you ever read the story of the man who mistook his wife for a hat? and that's a true story.

Yes But did anyone read about that man who mistoke his son for a feral hog and shot his son in the head. Not once but three times. Apparently you should spray paint your entire body bright orange (like the Norwegens and their tanks) before hunting becasue if your cap is black and has ear flaps hunters think you are a pig. This one took the cake because the man instructed his son to go around the other side of a bush and when the son came out his father started shooting.

Note: reference to Norwedgens. During military manuvers they spray paint their white tanks international orange so they don't lose them. Apparently they are color blind too because I woner what the bombers and fighters in the sky think?

It's not fake. This was on the news here.

One little April Fools Joke and now nobody believes me.
lol
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It's gorgeous...fake or not. Finch...did you ever read the story of the man who mistook his wife for a hat? and that's a true story.
yeah he had brain damage

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ June 04 2005,6:23)]It's not fake. This was on the news here.

One little April Fools Joke and now nobody believes me.
lol
smile.gif
One? What about the capensis bog and the neighborhood pets disappearing?
smile_k_ani_32.gif

It is believable. It is not city policy, but a landowner's decision. I say he pays rent, therefore the property is his during the rented time and the law agrees. He should fight it.

Maybe I should contact this guy and invite him here for some advice.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (aprilh @ June 04 2005,6:09)]It's gorgeous...fake or not.  Finch...did you ever read the story of the man who mistook his wife for a hat?  and that's a true story.
I have the book... fascinating read.

Ozzy maybe you should contact this guy and point him to your april fools thread. Then we would not have to repeate ourselves

Yeah that's a good idea.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Note: reference to Norwedgens. During military manuvers they spray paint their white tanks international orange so they don't lose them. Apparently they are color blind too because I woner what the bombers and fighters in the sky think?

Tre,
Who are the "Norwedgens"? Is that some sort of para-military group in the Jacksonville area?

OOPs no. Sorry about that I can't spell. The people of Norway. How ever you spell that.

I found two email addresses by the same name from the same area. I sent both an invitation. Let's see if he'll show up.

Back