Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: April fools joke

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate to bring up bitter memories from April, but I thought that some of you would find this interesting

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Prickly issue: Local man's cactus collection may be cause for his eviction (see photos)
    Reported by Barbara Gauthier
    POSTED: Thursday, June 02, 2005 9:32:07 PM
    UPDATED: Thursday, June 02, 2005 10:41:00 PM

# AMHERST -- A prickly issue in Amherst could cause one homeowner to be evicted.See photos: Garden of cacti (1 of 4)

It’s all about the man’s cactus collection. The managers at the mobile home park where he lives say either the homeowner or the cacti must go.

Troy Sigler takes great pride in his cactus collection.

“It’s very peaceful to me,” he says. “It reminds me of a desert which is a very quiet - serene and peaceful place.”

But, Sigler’s peaceful place at Westwood Mobile Home Park could force him to find a new place to live. Managers of the mobile home park say Sigler must remove all of the cacti by June 24th or face eviction.

Ii definitely feel like I’m being singled out,” Sigler said. “A lot of people here have gardens and they’re not being told to remove them.”

Many of Sigler’s neighbors agree - they like his garden and say management isn’t being fair.

“I think it’s beautiful,” neighbor Donna Brubaker said. “I don’t know why they’d want him to get out of the park for it.”

Park management say the issue isn’t so much that they don’t like the way the garden looks - they say its about access if they need to get behind these homes – it’s tough to get through. Besides that, they say this set up is against park rules.

“There’s over a hundred cacti and they are impeding on gas lines and water lines and there are safety codes, health codes that he is infringing on,” said Heather Burls, the park manager.

Dozens of park residents signed petitions supporting Sigler’s garden, but not everyone loves it.

“Some of it is very interesting … some of its ugly … it’s a bit much,” said Bernice Siwierka.

Sigler says if he has to, he’ll dig it up, but hopes for compromise.

“To me, it’s appealing … it makes the park look better,” Sigler said.

Residents of the mobile home park are allowed to have small gardens, but they say Sigler’s is just too big.

Management says it’s willing to work with him to reach a compromise.
    Quote[/b] ]http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_fullstory.asp?id=35830

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After 10 years or marrage, man discovers wife is actually a type of rare yucca

No not really [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

the links fake
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. Ozzy bitter memories surface.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's gorgeous...fake or not. Finch...did you ever read the story of the man who mistook his wife for a hat? and that's a true story.
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes But did anyone read about that man who mistoke his son for a feral hog and shot his son in the head. Not once but three times. Apparently you should spray paint your entire body bright orange (like the Norwegens and their tanks) before hunting becasue if your cap is black and has ear flaps hunters think you are a pig. This one took the cake because the man instructed his son to go around the other side of a bush and when the son came out his father started shooting.

Note: reference to Norwedgens. During military manuvers they spray paint their white tanks international orange so they don't lose them. Apparently they are color blind too because I woner what the bombers and fighters in the sky think?

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not fake. This was on the news here.

One little April Fools Joke and now nobody believes me.
    lol
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]It's gorgeous...fake or not. Finch...did you ever read the story of the man who mistook his wife for a hat? and that's a true story.
    yeah he had brain damage
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (0zzy @ June 04 2005,6:23)]It's not fake. This was on the news here.

One little April Fools Joke and now nobody believes me.
    lol
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    One? What about the capensis bog and the neighborhood pets disappearing? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast